June 8, 2015
Summative Assessments/SBAC Testing
Summer Bridge - Kinder and 6th Grades
1) Someone is interested in organizing/overseeing the program (while also teaching one of the classes.)
2) We find 5 teachers (2 kinder, 3 6th grade) willing to teach. Any instructional aides (With the proper paperwork) or teaching staff are eligible to run a class.
Teachers will receive $1,000 for the two weeks and whoever decides to organize (from start-finish) will receive additional $$$$. Please let me know ASAP if you are interested. This will be a first come, first serve opportunity. I would also like to formally apologize that the news is coming so late as I know a few people expressed interest in participating months ago when we were not planning to host summer school due to budgetary restrictions.
1) Inventory technology in your classroom and log here. Most of these items will remain locked in your classroom cabinet. If there is an issue with any of your devices, please note it on the login sheet -- also, don't forget to keep the cords/etc. organized and clearly labeled for each device.
2) Make sure to lock up all technology, personal belongings in the cabinet with lock.
3) Return teacher laptop, iPads, and all keys to someone from admin. team.
4) Make sure cumulative files are completed.
Checking out with us will involve quickly surveying your inventory in your classroom and retrieving your laptop, iPads and keys.
Also, please know that the carpets and floors will be deep cleaned and polished in mid-July. This requires movement of furniture and can sometimes cause paper on walls to crinkle (in case you leave butcher paper up...which is fine, just wanted to keep you in the know!)
Award Ceremonies - Monday, June 8
8:15 - Kinder - 2nd Grade Awards - Will be held in the Kinder/1st grade area
10:00 - Kinder Celebration - HALL
10:30 - 3rd-8th Grade Award Ceremony - Big yard assembly area, please bring your chairs
*Please note that if you are a MS teacher and your classroom is free this week, you will likely have the Art class in your classroom given the Hall is being used for celebrations this week.
8th Grade Culminatination - Tuesday, June 9, 10:00 - Church
MS Meeting - Monday, June 8 - Returning MS Teachers
Vista Openings 2015-2016
Coming Up This Week...
- MS Schedule - Odd Periods - Early Dismissal Schedule
- 8:15 - K-2 Award Ceremony
- 10:00 - Kinder Celebration
- 10:30 - 3-8 Award Ceremony
- 5:30 - 8th Grade Reception Dinner - Casa Sanchez
- MS Schedule - Even Periods - Early Dismissal Schedule
- 10:00 - 8th Grade Culmination - Hall
- MS - Regular Wednesday Schedule
- School's Out for Summer!
- 8:30 - IEP - Sarahi Hernandez
- 10:00 - 5th Grade Celebration
Mrs. Buczek's Schedule:
7/13-7/21 - Carpet/Floor Cleaning
7/20-7/31 - K/6th Summer Bridge
7/22 - Parent Orientation (5:00 - ES, 6:00- MS)
8/1 - Teacher's Return
8/7 - Stoner Move-In Day
8/17 - First Day of School!
TBD - Parent Clean-Up Day