The Principal's Message
Crossroads South Middle School
November 19th, 2017
FROM THE PRINCIPAL...
Happy Thanksgiving to all! This newsletter will cover this past week and the short week ahead. Please remember that Wednesday is an EARLY RELEASE Day!
- IMPORTANT BUS NOTE: Please remember that students are only permitted to ride his/her regular bus home. You cannot go home on another bus. Our busses are full and any additional students has left others without a seat and in a potentially dangerous situation. If your child wishes to go home with another student, you must coordinate either a parent pickup at the school or a parent pickup at your house. **Bus passes can be checked for boarding.** Thank you for your understanding.
- UPCOMING PARENT ACADEMY: Do you struggle to know the right ways to manage technology and social media in your home? The Social Media Symposium is back with additional workshops for students. Mark your calendars for 12/9 from 9:00am - 12:00 and the South Brunswick Parent Academy will share more details soon!
- ATTENTION PARENTS OF SPECIAL EDUCATION STUDENTS: Our Social Workers from both North and South will be hosting a parent support group for all Middle School parents on topics related to Special Education. Please take a moment to complete this survey to express your interest and feedback: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/R98JCTX
Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) Stakeholder Committee – Call For Participation
The Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) replaces No Child Left Behind (NCLB) and reauthorizes the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) of 1965. ESSA is meant to ensure that all students have equitable access to high-quality educational resources and opportunities, as well as to close educational achievement gaps. As part of the regulations, a stakeholder committee must be formed to provide feedback and input to the resources and decisions made regarding the grant monies. ESSA Stakeholder engagement is a vehicle for bringing together educators and families as well as representatives of the community who have a stake in the law and also bring particular assets and expertise that can support the education of our young people. If you are interested, click here for more details and application to be part of this committee.
- GRADING & GENESIS: We are approaching the middle of the marking period and many parents have not logged into Genesis to review your child's progress. Please take a moment to check the parent portal. Should you have any questions regarding assignments or grading, please contact your child's teacher(s) directly.
- ATTENDANCE REMINDERS: Daily attendance in school is a critical factor in the success of your child. Please do your best to minimize the number of days your child is absent from school or is taken out early for appointments. Should your child exceed the number of acceptable days absent as determined by NJ State Law, you will receive a letter from the school.
- BUS REMINDERS: Please note: Students are NOT allowed to ride any other busses, even if a parent gives permission. The transportation department does not allow this practice, as they cannot plan for additional students riding our already full busses.
- 11/20 - BOE Meeting 7pm
- 11/22 - EARLY RELEASE DAY - Thanksgiving Weekend
- 11/23 - NO SCHOOL - Thanksgiving
- 11/24 - NO SCHOOL - Thanksgiving
- 12/4 - BOE Meeting 7pm
- 12/5 - WINTER CONCERT SERIES #1: ORCHESTRA @ SOUTH 7pm
- 12/6 - EARLY RELEASE DAY
- 12/7 - WINTER CONCERT SERIES #2: BAND @ SBHS 7pm
- 12/8 - PATTERNS ASSEMBLY
- 12/9 - SBPA - Social Media Symposium 9:00am @ Crossroads North
- 12/12 - PTO Meeting @ North 7pm
- 12/18 - BOE Meeting 7pm
- 12/20 - WINTER CONCERT SERIES #3: CHOIR @ SBHS 7pm
- 12/22 - EARLY RELEASE DAY
- 12/22 - Daytime Concert for Students
- 1/2 - School In Session - Happy 2018!
- 1/8 - BOE Meeting 7pm
- 1/9 - 8th Grade Gettysburg Parent Meeting 6:30pm
- 1/10 - PTO Meeting 7pm
- 1/15 - NO SCHOOL - MLK Jr. Day
- 1/22 - BOE Meeting 7pm
- 1/25 - EARLY RELEASE DAY
- 1/31 - 7th Grade "Middle of the Middle of the Middle Day"