Boulder Hill Elementary
FIRST NEWSLETTER OF 2023 - January 20, 2023
About our School
Boulder Hill Elementary School
World-class schools serving caring communities.
We A.R.E. Boulder Hill
(Para ver el boletín en español, haga clic en el icono de funciones de accesibilidad.)
Location: 163 Boulder Hill Pass, Montgomery, IL, USA
8:45 AM - DOORS OPEN FOR STUDENT ARRIVAL (there is no supervision prior to 8:45 AM)
9:00 AM - school starts / instruction begins
3:50 PM - end of school / student dismissal
REGULAR OFFICE HOURS
Monday - Friday - 8:15 AM - 4:15 PM
Kindergarten Registration coming in February!
KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION COMING SOON!
Kindergarten Registration - Sessions are rapidly approaching! Please sign-up your upcoming kindergartener. If you know of anyone with a child who will be at the age to enter kindergarten, please share this information.
Monday, February 6th
Thursday, February 9th (Boulder Hill staff will be present on this date)
Monday, February 13th
Wednesday, February 15th
You may attend any of the dates above.
HELP WANTED! Boulder Hill has open positions - Spread the word!
PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD
- Special Education Teacher Leave Cover (2nd Semester only 22/23 - begins January 9, 2023)
- Special Education TA (2 positions)
We appreciate your help in sharing this link: www.sd308.org/jobs.
Important Parking, Student Entry & Dismissal Reminders!
Parents, we need your help. Safety is a priority at Boulder Hill. This includes student entry and dismissal. We have received multiple complaints regarding members of the Bobcat family community not following rules of the road as well as school procedures.
- School issued student name card must be displayed and presented for all Car Riders & Kindergarten Walkers during dismissal.
- Students designated are 'Car Riders' will be released to cars in the car rider line. Parents should not walk up to the door to retrieve their student.
- Each student should be belted in a seat. (One student, One seat, One seat belt). Please see the following links for more information regarding car seat & seat belt safety and laws.
- All students and families should listen to the staff supervising arrival & dismissal. They are there for your safety.
- Walkers & families should not cut through the bus parking lot. Everyone should cross at the cross walk with the crossing guard.
- Remain behind the cones so that students can walk through a clear path.
- Avoid parking in front of residential driveways
- Avoid parking on Boulder Hill Pass in front of Boulder Hill School. This interferes with the pick-up lines
Winter Weather School Closing Information
As a reminder, if winter weather interrupts our ability to open schools or hold extracurricular activities, we will do our best to notify you as early as possible and in a number of ways. School closing information can always be found on our website, social media channels, and by visiting the Emergency Closing Center website. We will use our Blackboard messaging system to send alerts through email, text, and phone. Now is a good time to log in to Tyler SIS to view your account information and be sure phone numbers and email addresses are correct! Your school can assist you with any changes you may need to make. Please remember to send students dressed appropriately for the cold!
PLEASE LIKE boulderhillpta ON FACEBOOK
Oswego Public Library Book Clubs
To start the year off, the Oswego Public Library District has several book clubs starting up again in Youth Services.
Registration is required for these programs.
For kids in Grades 2 - 3:
- Kids + Books = FUN on Monday, February 13
- 6:30 PM - 7:15 PM at Montgomery Campus
- February’s book will be revealed at the meeting, and children will get to keep the book.
For kiddos in Grades 3 - 5:
- I Survived this Book Club on Monday, January 23
- 7:00 - 7:30 PM, at Montgomery Campus
- January’s book is, I Survived the Great Molasses Flood, 1919 by Lauren Tarshis
For 4 - 5 Graders:
- Graphic Novel Book Club on Wednesday, February 8,
- 7:00-7:45 at Montgomery Campus
- February’s book is, Frizzy, by Claribel A. Ortega
OHS Science Honor Society invites you to STEAM Night 2023!
Over 30 hands-on activities await young, curious minds. Perfect for elementary and junior high students who enjoy experimenting and getting creative.
Please consider pre-registering to help us prepare plenty of materials. You can register with this Google Form . Email pphelps@sd308 with questions.
March 3, 2023 5pm-8pm
Special Education Department Virtual Parent Event
The Special Education Department is hosting a virtual Parent Event on January 24th from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. The topic will be ‘Helping Your Child Manage Emotions’.
SD308 Parent Update January 20, 2023
New Familes: Please visit the Tyler Portal and click "Register a New Family" to add your kindergarten student(s) for the 23/24 school year. Current SD 308 Families: Log into your Parent Portal account and add a new kindergarten student(s) via the Update Household Data section.
Important Upcoming Dates
- January 23 - PTA Riverside fundraiser
- January 25 - Community CHAT: Parenting from Opposite Sides of the Field (virtual 6PM - 7:30PM) / Click Here to Register
- Janaury 25 - PTA food night
- January 27 - School Improvement Day - 3.5 hour student attendance (student dismissal 12:30 pm)
- February 3 - Kendall County Community Food Pantry - Oswego Satellite site
- February 3 - Student Council Spirit Day
- February 7 - PTA meeting 7PM
- February 8 - PTA Culvers Night
- February 9 - Kindergarten Registration (Boulder Hill staff present)
- February 15 - PTA Gym Night (3rd & 4th grade) 6:30 - 7:30 PM
- February 17 - School Improvement Day - 3.5 hour student attendance (student dismissal 12:30 pm)
- February 17 - End of 2nd trimester
- February 20 - President's Day (NO SCHOOL)
- February 24 - Watch DOGS day
- February 24 - PTA VIP Dance
Mental Health Resources
Mental Health & Wellness are important, but often overlooked. Remember that there are a number of resources available to SD308 students and families.
- https://www.sd308.org/Page/24707 - District website
- Here is information on mental health and welness groups that are offered through OswegoWellnes & PlainfiledWellness https://www.oswegowellness.com/programs
- COVID-19 cases are not reported by specific classroom, however school data can be found on the metrics page of our website. Cases of COVID-19 are self-reported, these numbers do not contain students/staff who may be out sick but did not report a positive COVID-19 result.
- To report a positive COVID-19 case in a student or staff member, please click here.
- The district's Safety Plan and Metrics can be found on the COVID-19 information page.
- Free Testing is available at several loctions across the state, learn more here.