Awbrey Park Elementary Newsletter - Edition #4
Information To You From The Desk of Mark Watson - Principal
No School on October 15th and October 18th
All 4J schools will be closed on Friday, October 15, a day that is an annual event built into the school year to allow teacher important time for planning and collaboration. All 4J schools will also be closed on Monday, October 18. The 4J school board approved the calendar change on October 6. The calendar change is for two purposes:
• The day will provide some critically needed transition time to address program shifts, staff departures, reassignments, leaves and other accommodations related to the statewide vaccine mandate that is effective October 18.
• The day also will provide planning, preparation and catchup time for teachers and other staff to address potential student quarantines and other COVID-specific needs, along with their regular work.
To free up more time for staff to address COVID-related needs, the district also is pausing all staff training until January. Professional learning is important, but 4J’s top priorities right now must be COVID safety, care and connection.
Jog-A-Thon next Thursday (October 14th)
Students will participate in a school-wide jog-a-thon that has been planned for October before the rain really hits the Willamette Valley. The event serves a variety of purposes. The promotion of physical activity, community, and the opportunity for students/families to donate to our PTO. All funds raised will go directly to benefit students and student activities at Awbrey Park. Please dress your student appropriately for a little physical activity around our track!
OHA/UO COVID Screening Testing - No School Day 10/15 = No Testing this Week
Spotlight on Reading
Dates to Remember:
- October 14 = Jog-A-Thon
- October 15 = No School for Students
- October 18 = No School for Students
- November 10 = No School for Parent/Teacher Conferences
- November 11 = No School for Veterans Day
- November 12 = No School for Parent/Teacher Conferences
- November 25-26 = No School for Thanksgiving
Student Personal Items Brought to School
Awbrey Park PTO
Don't forget that YOU can be involved with the PTO. Meetings now are on Zoom and meet once a month. Watch for more information soon.
School Photo Date Changed
The date for school photos has changed. The original date was set for next Monday, but now we have learned there will not be school on that day. We will share the new date for school photos in the very near future.
- School begins at 8:30AM (in your seats & ready to learn)
- Please update the front office if there are changes in address or updated contact numbers