Summer Professional Learning Days Set
Odds and Ends From Principal Network Meeting
- K-2 will be using Pearson for science
3-5 will be using Discovery Ed. for science
- A request for DRA2 copies needs to be sent to district office. This is for kindergarten only.
- Teacher state surveys are due by April 7. Just go to the state department to get the link. State student surveys from 5th graders are due by April 14. Parent surveys for parents of 5th graders are being sent to parents this week.
- From June 13-July 14 Reading Camp 3rd graders and possibly k,1, and 2 served that are struggling in reading. Seats are limited. Kevin has the most up-to-date info on this.
Preview of Week
- NTI meeting 4:15
Tuesday, March 29
- JOUST! school performance 8:30
- Collection Day
- Leadership District Meeting-Crystal
- JOUST! Evening performance
Wednesday, March 30
Thursday, March 31
- Collection Day
- OEC for principals
- Shemia working with teachers during planning time
- Terrific Kid 8:30
Friday, April 1 (FUN RUN)
- FUN RUN
Do you need 4 credit hours for recertification?
Testing Windows for Spring
Just to be sure everyone is current on the spring testing taking place, I have given you the testing dates below:
STAR (ended on March 3)
WIDA (ended on March 18)
K5 Assessment (March 22 – June 2)
MAP K-2nd (April 13- May 3) - actual schedule sent by Mr. Hood in email
F & P (April 25 – May 24)
SC READY (April 26 – 28)
April 26 – ELA Session 1 (paper/ pencil)
April 27 – ELA Session 2 (paper/ pencil)
April 28 – Math (paper/ pencil)
3rd – 5th MAP (May 4 – 25)
SC PASS – Science and SS for 4th and 5th grades (May 11 – May 27; in computer lab)
Kevin A. Hood, Ed.S.
India Hook Elementary School