August 11, 2023
What a Great Week!
Car Rider Line
Thank you for your patience as we all get used to and fine tune our car rider procedures. After our first day, which went well (although longer than we would have liked), our leadership team met and found a few ways to improve what we were doing. Hopefully, if you experienced car rider both days, you noticed that we cut our time by 20 minutes today while successfully and safely loading 144 cars in 30 minutes. Below are a few reminders that will help us be more efficient:
- Follow staff members' directions about which lane to be in and which cone to stop at. It makes a difference in how we organize kids to exit the building and line up.
- Be sure your car rider tag is visible in your front window with your child's first name, last name, and grade level written in dark, bold letters.
- Remain in your car at all times.
- Remind your child to listen carefully for his/her name when their teacher calls for them to line up.
Parent Involvement Opportunities
One of our campus goals is to build more parent involvement on our campus. As parents, you know your child best. We want to partner with you to consistently make our school better. Below are several opportunities where you can be involved or provide feedback.
- Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) - Our PTO is an organization of parents that works to support our students and staff in a variety of ways. They recently purchased some toys and games that students can play with at recess. They also bring in special programs and activities for our students and find ways to show appreciation to our staff. We encourage all families to join. For more information, you can contact our PTO at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also find them on Facebook (@myLESPTO).
- Parent Feedback Form - Any time you want to share your thoughts, you can email, call, or make an appointment to visit. Another way you can provide input is to simply complete our parent feedback form at any time. Your responses are anonymous unless you choose to include your name and/or contact information.
This Week at Lincoln
Each week, we want to provide you with an overview of our Lincoln statistics and where we are as a campus. We will share information about enrollment, student behaviors, and attendance. Additionally, as we have celebrations to share regarding our students' academic successes, we'll list them here too.
Current enrollment: 462
Staff Shout Outs
You can also submit names straight to the district. Visit Montgomery ISD's Let's Talk tab on the district website https://bit.ly/3xad64c and use the "Share a Positive Story/MISD Shout Out" topic to share something great this educator has done to demonstrate a culture of respect.
- Parent Orientation - More Info Coming Soon
- Monday, 8/28 - Lunch Visitors Begin
- Tuesday, 8/29 - Bahama Bucks Spirit Night (PTO) 4:00-7:00 pm
- Friday, 9/1 - PTO Meeting 9:00 in Cafeteria
- Monday, 9/4 - Labor Day; No School
- Friday, 9/8 - Grandparents' Day Breakfast (Students' Last Names Start with A-M)
- Monday, 9/11 - Grandparents' Day Breakfast (Students' Last Names Start with N-Z)
- Monday, 9/11 - Wear Red, White, & Blue for Patriots' Day
- Wednesday, 9/13 - Principal/Parent Safety Meeting - 9:00 in Cafeteria
All About Lunch
Lunch visitors who are on a child's emergency contact list are welcome to eat with that child on the stage during the student's lunch period starting on August 28. Visitors will need to check in at the front office with their ID and get a visitor badge. Please do not invite other students to join you or provide food or snacks for other students. When lunch is over, all students will line up with their class. Visitors will return to the front office to turn in their visitor badge.
A friendly reminder, we do not have an open lunch policy so please do not order food for your child from outside vendors to be delivered to the school during the school day (i.e. Uber Eats, Grub Hub, Door Dash, or any kind of delivery service). This becomes a safety concern when staff need to leave the front office to deliver food to students or take their focus off of families who have business in the office. Food deliveries also increase the number of unfamiliar people entering the building. Additionally, our lunch times are very tight and do not allow for late deliveries. We cannot allow for learning to be disrupted by early or late food deliveries. Thank you for understanding our focus on safety and uninterrupted instructional time.
- Pre-K & ECSE (AM) - 11:30-12:00
- ECSE (PM) - 11:40-12:10
- Kindergarten - 12:20-12:50
- 1st Grade - 11:45-12:15
- 2nd Grade - 10:55-11:25
- 3rd Grade - 11:10-11:40
- 4th Grade - 12:05-12:35
- 5th Grade - 12:35-1:05
School Hours, Attendance, and Tardies
- Doors open at 7:50
- Tardy bell rings, and class begins at 8:15. (This is the time students are expected to be in their seats in the classroom.)
- School day ends at 3:40
We are working hard to maximize each and every minute our students are here. Students who arrive after 8:15 are considered tardy and will need to be walked into the front door of the building and signed in by a parent or guardian. If your child needs to leave early, they may be checked out through the front office by a parent or guardian no later than 3:15 pm.
Attendance is of critical importance to your child's academic success. Click here on a district update regarding attendance procedures for the 23-24 school year. Rather than sending a note to school with your child upon his/her return from an absence, parents will enter the absence information through Family Access in Skyward. Directions for entering the infomation is availble in the link above.
Changes in transportation need to be made prior to 2:00 in order to allow time for the messages to be communicated with the appropriate staff member. To request a change of transportation, either
- Send a note with your child,
- Email LincolnElementaryTransit@misd.org with the note and a copy of your driver's license, or
- Come to the school with a copy of your driver's license.
Location: 700 Dr Martin Luther King Jr Dr, Montgomery, TX, USA
Phone: (936) 276-4700