Friday, February 8, 2018
From Mrs. Lewis...
- Thank you to an awesome staff who is really doing some great things in your classrooms. Keep up the turn and talks and utilization of EC. Vocabulary starts next week. You have really done a great job of providing engaging activities for our students and I'm excited. Great job, Spartans!!!
- We ❤ you! Valentine Goodies Coming.
- Next week is Random Acts of Kindness week (February 11-15). Please have your homeroom class determine one act of kindness to show to someone, some class, something. It could be picking up litter around campus, showing a staff member your appreciation for their work, etc.. Be sure to take a pic and send to Ms. Harris showcasing your kindness sometime during the week.
- 2nd semester CLUBS will start on Tuesday. A list (click for spreadsheet) will be placed in your box Monday morning. Please have students who are not on the list complete the registration form on the school website ASAP. Finalized homeroom & club lists / slips will be placed in your box Monday afternoon. Several changes have been made, so please read over the Spartan Clubs News carefully.
- Career Fairs have been planned for middle and high school. Spring Hill will host on Thursday, March 28
- SIT Meeting Rescheduled for Monday, February 11th. Next Meeting Feb 25th.
- Black History Program - February 28th (Mark your Calendars)
- Progress Reports Go Home - Feb. 28th
Calling for donations!!!!
The Board Games Club is in need of games/cards/etc. for students to use during club time. If you have any that you are willing to donate, please bring them in to Mrs. Snell before the next club day on 2/12. They will be greatly appreciated!
- Beta Club is coming... Stay tuned.
- Spartan MOVE visited Wagram this past week to provide mentorship and foster reading. Kudos to our leaders for initiating this trip!
- Math / EC Teachers - Don't forget Co-teaching Training on Feb. 13th during the first part of your planning. (Locations: Chevalier, Carter, Griswold)
- Project Pink, Spartan MOVE and STEP Club Leaders, please plan to meet for a short meeting on February 18th in E. Johnson's Office. 3:45
- Please announce to students - The media center is now open after school for book check-out Tuesday - Thursday, 3:45 - 4:45.
- Safety/behavior review meetings for students who were absent last Friday will be held on Tuesday, February 12 at the beginning of each grade level electives. A list of students who need to report to the media center for electives will be placed in your box on Monday.
Common Assessments are February 13-15.
Please have your students go to the announcements section on the school website and vote on their favorite quote so we can get a cover/wrap that is personalized to our school. The first two announcements are surveys. One is asking for student input on new book titles for the media center and the other is for their input for favorite reading quote to personalize the vending machine.
- MTSS Information:
- Please update Tier paperwork using 2nd Nine Weeks Assessments and include the intervention documentation sheet in Tier 2 and Tier 3 folders. Tier 1 paperwork for your core class need to be updated also. Please see Mrs. Tippett or Mrs. Snell if you have questions.
- Do you have student that need to be moved to Tier 2 or Tier 3 for behavior or academics? If so, please let Mrs. Tippett know so the proper paperwork can be completed.
Upcoming Testing Windows:
2nd Quarter Common Assessments: February 13-15
3rd Quarter Benchmarks: March 20-April 2
ELA Writing Assessments April 1-18
4th Common Assessment/Mock EOG April 30-May 3
EOGs May 24-June 7
- Thank you to Ms. Janet for always providing a pleasant front office for our parents and visitors!!!
A huge shout out to Lynette for entering grades of the two teams of classes that are missing teachers right now.
Thanks again for our staff members that are helping out in classes where we are without teachers. Kudos to Ms. Francis, Ms. Blue, Mrs. Gross, Mrs. Best, Ms. T. Johnson, Mrs. Salzlein! WE APPRECIATE YOU!
A big shout out to our staff members for making our staff meeting one to talk about... Mrs. Snell, Mrs. Peek, Mrs. Salzlein, Mrs. Griswold and Ms. Chevalier.
Kudos to Ms. Kingston, Ms. Gibson and Mrs. Spencer for ensuring the Awards Program was ready! You guys rock.
Shout out to Ms. E. Johnson, Mrs. Tippett and Ms. Audrey for a great Donut for Dads. It was a huge success.
Thank you to Ms. Harris for coordinating the AR Event thisweek for our students who are reading! Students enjoyed the video game truck!
Thank you to Ms. Houston for gathering grades for reading (on her team) and stuffing report cards to ensure students received them on time.
February 12- CLUBS
February 13- Wacky Wednesday
February 13- Valentine's Dance sponsored by 6th grade
February 15- TLC
February 15- Plinko Chocolate Reward
February 18 - SIT Meeting
February 20- PBIS Celebration
February 20-March 4- Book Fair
February 21 - ½ day for students/Parent-Teacher Conference
February 22- All Day Professional Development (No school for students)
February 26- CLUBS
February 28 - Black History Program
February 28 - Progress Reports