By: Maddie Brodbeck, Hannah Westerman, and Maddie Davis
H. Our hypothesis is that orange will melt the popsicle faster because orange is a bit more darker than yellow and pink.
*Orange, Pink, Yellow construction paper (Maddie Davis)
*Lime popsicles (Maddie Brodbeck)
*Heat Lamp (Mrs.Fryer)
2. Place a container on each piece of paper.
3. Place a lime (green) popsicle in each container.
4. Let the popsicles sit for 5 minutes then check the temperature.
5. Rotate the pieces of paper so each gets the same amount of sun light.
6. We smashed the popsicles so we could get a better temperature reading.
7. Continued switching the papers every 5 minutes to get the same amount of sun light for each container.
8. Checked the temperature every 5 minutes to get correct temperature readings.
Variables and Controlled Conditions
Dependent Variable: Temperature
Controlled Conditions: We controlled the amount of light that each container got by every 5 minutes we switched the position of the container under the heat lamp.