TMS-M BACK TO SCHOOL NEWS
EDITION 3, August 14th
The information is this newsletter in meant for ALL Students. All students need to pick up a schedule and all students need to attend our Onboarding session.
On-Boarding Codes for August 19th @ 10:30.
Drive Through SCHEDULE PICK-UP ( August 18th, 4:30-7p.m.)
Please note: Our 6th grade and students who are brand new to TCS will receive their own chromebook later in the semester, once they arrive.
We are using Schoology this year as our Learning Management System. Please see the parent explanation below.
Northridge Middle School Cross Country: From Coach Winkler and Coach Quinn
The time has come for Northridge Middle School Cross Country to start again! We will have our tryouts for our 2020-21 season on August 17th at 3:30 pm. We will be holding the tryouts at Sokol Park. Please be there no later than 3:15pm. A few things are required to participate.
- You will need to have an up to date physical in Dragonfly. You cannot tryout without an up to date and completed physical packet. This is imperative. If it doesn't show up in my Dragonfly app please bring your phone so I can lay eyes on their cleared status.
- You MUST have a mask to participate. If you do not have one with you will be unable to participate. They will not run in their mask.
- You MUST have your own water bottle. A gallon water bottle is recommended. Water will be in coolers but no cups or bottles will be provided.
- Running Shoes are required (Any athletic shoe will suffice). Spikes are not required for tryouts, practices, or meets. They are recommended for meets but that is up to the athlete and parents if they choose to purchase those.
- Social Distancing guidelines MUST be observed at all times, Please remind them of this.
- We will have a cutoff time for our runners. Please tell them to try their hardest.
- You will not be able to watch the tryouts. Tryouts and practices are closed and you will not be able to stay and watch.
- Pick up times are needed to be adhered to. We shouldn't be longer than 1 hour to a hour and half. Pick up time will be at 4:45 pm and all athletes need to be picked up and gone by 5:00pm.
Thank you for considering trying out for NMS XC and I look forward to seeing everyone! If you have any questions please email Coach Winkler or Coach Quinn.
Winkler's Email: email@example.com
Quinn's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In Case You Missed the 1st and 2nd Edition
We are working to prepare for the 20-21 opening for our students. We are just under two weeks away from the start of the school year. Our entire faculty and staff will return on Wednesday, August 12th.
As you know, we will start WHOLE SCHOOL VIRTUAL on August 20th. We are working hard to meet the needs of our students who signed up for full-time virtual, all year. Some of our students, who signed up for full time virtual, will have teachers from the other middle schools in the district.
For WHOLE SCHOOL VIRTUAL, starting August 20th, we will be working within the time frame of 10:30-1:00. There are a few instances where students may need to meet outside of that time frame for a short amount of time. Whenever we return to our building, the schedule will change. At that time, class will occur within the 7:55-3:10 time window.
Information will be sent soon that will lay out Virtual Learning for TMS-M. We are making our final changes to schedules and will have those to parents in enough time to prepare for the first day.
VIRTUAL SCHEDULE - AUGUST 20th START
Monday-Thursday, we will utilize the 8:30-10:00 time frame to work with small groups and individual students. This is based on needs. Student sessions on Friday’s will be based on student needs as well.
- Students will be expected to work asynchronously, outside the live time frame of 10:30-1:00.
- Students who are assigned to a teacher from another middle school may have a slightly different schedule.
Below are some statements regarding questions that have been raised from families. As questions arise, more information will be added.
- Students who registered for TCS Full Year Virtual will be given the opportunity to reconsider at the end of the semester.
- Magnet Middle students who choose to enroll in the TCS K-12 Virtual Academy will still maintain their spot at TMSM.
- Students who have enrolled in TCS Full Year Virtual will still receive the rigor in their virtual curriculum.
- Students who chose to enroll in the TCS Full Year Virtual are not guaranteed to have a Magnet teacher.
- Students who chose to enroll in TCS Full Year Virtual are not guaranteed to be in the same virtual classroom as their TMS-M peers. They may be in a class with kids from other middle schools in our district.
- TCS will use Schoology as the Learning Management System for all grade levels.