CS Undergrad Updates
December 3, 2014 - December 9, 2014
May and August 2015 Graduates - Apply for graduation and complete your degree check!
The deadline to apply for graduation in May and August 2015 is February 1, 2015. That may seem far away but there are just a few weeks between the start of the semester and the deadline.
Come in before the end of the semester to complete your degree check. You need to apply for graduation in UAccess Student (look for the link on the right side) and then make an appointment with your advisor for your degree check (advising.cs.arizona.edu).
If you apply for graduation after February 1, you will have to pay a late fee of $50.
Questions? Please stop by GS 901 for walk-in hours. (Please note: you must make an appointment for a degree check.)
Jobs, Internships, Scholarships, Research Opportunities, Etc.
Pride Group, LLC is looking to hire 2,000 people for the Fiesta Bowl, Pro Bowl, Super Bowl as well as various Super Bowl parties/festivities.
They are seeking unarmed Security Guards and Parking Lot Attendants. If interested please apply by December 30 on Wildcat Joblink ID# 767294 & 767295
Amadeus Revenue Integrity is filling 2 to 3 internships in the Tucson office.
Below please find information about the company and the internship requirements. Here is a link to their web page http://www.amadeus.com/airlineit/solutions/sol_2stand_5revenue_1globalrevenueintegrity.html
Epic looking for a Software Developer
In the world of healthcare, having the right information in the right place at the right time isn’t just important – it can mean the difference between life and death. Through the use of Epic’s software, harmful medication errors are avoided every day in hospitals across the United States – and that’s just one small way your code will help others save lives.
Amadeus Revenue Integrity would like to hire 2-3 Interns for the Winter/Spring session in their R&D department in their Tucson office, and are is open to students with junior or senior standing.
Please see information about the company and the internship requirements below. The internship could potentially last longer than one semester, assuming that works for the student. Here is a link to their website so you can find out more about Amadeus.
Are you looking for a way to enhance your major and improve your job prospects?
The Eller Marketing Minor is a way for non-business majors to learn more about business and marketing all in one summer. The advantages of the program include:
· Minor is completed in one summer
· Hands on experience through local field trips and guest lecturers
· Bridge the gap between your major and the business world
· Once accepted, you are guaranteed a seat in each class
· Fun way to spend the summer
· Provides an edge in a competitive job market
· Make new friendships in the cohorts
· Rewarding way to end with Breakfast of Champions
Now is the time to consider your educational options. If this is a program that interests you, we encourage you to apply. We are accepting applications only until the limited number of seats are filled.
The application and more information are available online at
Winter Session 2014 Sociology and Spanish classes being offered:
Search course offerings for availability.
New Study Abroad Programs:
Are you interested in experiencing the fast-paced, cash-constrained, customer-focused, chaotic, and uncertain environment of a startup? If so, you may be interested in ENGR 423/523. It is an applied class where you work in teams of 3-5 students to engage with customers, analyze and apply real-time feedback from mentors, peers, and the market place to develop a viable business model for your product or business. Information sessions will be held December 3 and December 11 and for more information see the links below:
And Dec 11th:
Baylor Medical School Presentation
James L. Phillips, MD
Senior Associate Dean & Professor of Pediatrics
Baylor College of Medicine -Houston, TX
Tuesday, December 2, 2014
5:30 pm – 6:30 pm
The University of Arizona
Career Services Center, Room 411
The UA Pre-Health Professions Advising Center
Fostering and Achieving Cultural Equity and Sensitivity (FACES) in the Health professions
Questions contact Josie Gin Morgan at 520-621-7763 or email email@example.com
PEACE CORPS INFO SESSION, Dec. 3rd
HIV AWARENESS, PREVENTION, AND COMBATTING STIGMA
Come join us for an evening of information, stories and fun! We will be discussing the new Peace Corps application (choose where you want to go and what you want to do), benefits of Peace Corps service, and will be hearing stories and experiences from three Returned PC Volunteers who all did work related to HIV during their service.
WHEN: Wednesday, December 3rd, 5:00pm-6:30pm
WHERE: Career Services, Student Union Building, 411J
Special Opportunity for Students:
Whether you’re at your desk or at the coffee shop, join us on Wednesday, December 10th at 12:00pm MST to connect with University of Arizona students & alumni from across the country.
At this virtual networking event, you’ll be paired with fellow Wildcats for text-based conversations that allow you to make a connection, share your experiences, and build your network.
It’s free, it’s easy, and it’s fun! Register here: https://www.brazenconnect.com/event/university-of-arizona-networking/
Click here for more information.
Upcoming UA Events
Wednesday, December 3rd
Friday, December 5th
Saturday, December 6th
Sunday, December 7th
Monday, December 8th
Tuesday, December 9th
Wednesday, December 10th
- LAST DAY OF CLASSES
- Last day to submit Late Change Petitions. Must have Dean's approval.
- Last day for complete withdrawal -- contact the Registrar's Office. No registration changes can be made after the last day of classes.
- Last day to submit a $25.00 Drop Fee Appeal form.
- Last day to submit a $250.00 Late Registration Fee appeal.
With a bit of training you can become a good interviewee. However, even one small slip can cost you the offer of a job you really want when there are lots of qualified applicants. This article will give you some things to “never say” in an interview to help you avoid mistakes your competitors will be making
- When in an interview, consider using these phrases whenever possible. They are things that interviewers like to hear http://www.forbes.com/sites/dailymuse/2014/11/24/3-magic-phrases-every-interviewer-wants-to-hear/
- Tips on how to prepare for your next interview: http://www.digitalgurus.co.uk/blog/8-ways-prepare-job-interview/
- Here are some questions to consider including in your interview: http://www.digitalgurus.co.uk/blog/questions-to-ask-during-job-interview/
- Here are some good things to do after you had an interview with a firm you liked and would want to work for: http://www.digitalgurus.co.uk/blog/5-things-to-do-after-job-interview/
- Things to make sure you are not doing in your interview: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/article/20141029161414-105489621-are-you-sabotaging-yourself-in-job-interviews