User Interface Tips
LanSchool Toolbar Buttons
- One click will cause the button to depress and change to a lighter color.
- Click again on the button to turn the feature off.
Some Toolbar Buttons have a little arrow to the right of the button. This will help access additional options for that feature.
Buttons can be added, removed or moved by clicking on View then Configure Toolbar.
Web and Application Limiting
- Click on Administer from the top menu bar.
- Near the bottom, you'll see Preferences. Click on Preferences.
Viewing Students in LanSchool
Thumbnail View: Shows a grid layout of students. Log-in name shows up beneath student. Hovering over a student screen will enlarge for a better view of what they are doing on their computer. Icons appear to show what applications the students are using.
Screen Feed: Similar to a news ticker. Screen shots rotate through for a quick glance of what each student is doing. Student log-in name shows up.
- On a PC, press F5 to refresh
- On a Mac, press command-r
- OR click on the View menu at the top and select refresh.