Sydney Opera House
Craig, Royce, Troy and Rachael
History of location
6 Interesting facts
1. Ther is an orgen that goes back 8m and has over 10,000 pipes.
2. By early 1965 he had finished the disigns for the glass walls that would close the shells.
3. Utzon solved the probolem of the shels by demenstrating to his architectural team by useing an orang.
4. The sydney opera house was inscribed in the worl heritige list in june 2007.
5. in 2003 Utzon receved the pritzker prize international architecture's highest harbor.
6. The sydney opera house is young when compered with other world wide iconc buildings.
1957= The compertition started
1959=The australian ballet was borne
1961= They finished the outside
1962= They finished the sound proof roofs on the inside
1973= The Qween opened it
2003=Utzon reseved the pritzker prize
2007= It became a world heratige site
2008= Jorn Utzon died
They put Utzons design in the discard pile but had second thoughts and said "this is the one this is the nwe desing of the opera house." the judges were Coben Parkes, proffeser leslie Martin, Eeorsaariner and professer Ingham Ashworth. Applacations had to pay $20 regestration fee for the offical entery booklet. Atotal of 721 people did this.