The Peace Crane and it's Mission
Story of Peace Cranes
- was inspired by the death of Sadako.
- Sadako was diagnosed with leukemia, and created 1000 cranes in order to make one wish.
- her wish was to get well and to have peace for other people like her.
- people were inspired by her and created cranes in her honor
- a monument was made after her and people all over the word make cranes and put them by her monument.
The promise of 1000 Origami Cranes
- promises that anyone who folds 1000 cranes will be granted a wish
- Takeda Oncology company will make a donation for every wish made
- inspired by Sadako Salasi