Mrs. Ayers' Class News update
October 13th, 2015
BOOSTERTHON BEGINS TODAY!!!!!
Check out the Magisto video of the Boosterthon today. This includes many of our students as they participated in the Kick off of Boosterhon.
OFF TO A GREAT START!!!!
I was so excited today when so many of the kids told me how much they loved doing Lexia Core. They think they are just playing games, but they are improving their reading while they have fun. How cool is that!
Please encourage your child to reach his or her goal each week. Thanks for your support!
How Does My Child Meet His or Her Goal Each Week?
- If your child's goal is 80 minutes a week, then nightly homework will be to complete at least 30 minutes a night, Monday through Thursday night.
- Students whose prescribed time for reaching their weekly goal is 40 minutes a week will have to have completed 60 minutes of at home Lexia time a week AND 2 nights of reading response journals.
- Students who have only 20 minutes of prescribed time to meet their goal will be required to complete 30 minutes of Lexia a week and 3 nights of reading and responding in their reading response notebook.
- Students who do not have access to Lexia at home will given extra time at school, usually prior to 8 am, to reach their goal.
- Starting next week, an effort grade will be given for reaching their goal each week.
If you have any questions about Lexia, please feel free to email me. I have told each child what their goal is but if they forget, just email me and I will let you know. I can't wait to see the progress made through the completion of this program. Thanks!