Memorial Elementary School Newsletter
"Today a reader, tomorrow a leader." - Margaret Fuller
Save the Date (s):
10 PTO meets at 6:00 p.m.
11 5 Guys Family Night
13 No School - (Scheduled for Snow Day Make -Up)
12 & 26 Kindness Keepers Meet
12 First Grade study trip to Fair Oaks Farms
16 - 20 Book Swap continues
24 Fifth grade tours Ben Franklin Middle School
25 Second Grade's Fairy Tale Ball
26 Second Grade study trip to Washington Park Zoo
26 VCS School Board Meets at Memorial at 5 p.m.
31 Field Day
1 Fifth Grade celebration
3 Last Day of School for Students
Medicine at School
Please pick up all remaining medicine and medical supplies at school on or before June 3 or from, Mrs. Keenan, the nurse. These cannot be sent home with your child. All left over medication will be properly disposed.
Did you know that you can view and manage your family cafeteria account and make payments online? Skyward Family Access allows you to view each of your child’s purchases and payments. You can set spending limits, request email low balance reminders, make payments and more. Sign in to Skyward and click the Food Service tab on the left. School Messenger will also contact parents by telephone weekly to alert them of negative cafeteria balances.
Need help? Call Food and Nutrition Services 219-531-3050 and we will be happy to assist you.
Spring Into the Arts - Continues
Boy Scouts - Pack 920 at Pinewood Derby Race
PICK-UP and DROP-OFF Reminder
Miscellaneous NOTES & REMINDERS:
- Follow Memorial Elementary on Twitter @Valpo_Memorial.
- Please note that flip flops are not a good choice for school. For safety reasons, students wearing flip flops may not play on the playground equipment and must stay off the mulched area. We have had many foot injuries, as well as broken flip flops, during the school day.
- For the well-being of others, please keep students at home 24 hours after the symptoms have passed, if they have had a fever or have vomited.
- Please send a note, or email Mrs. Molnar, in the morning with all changes in transportation. When calls are made during the busy school day, there is a chance that the message may get delayed and/or not delivered. If you have an emergency during the day, which merits a change in transportation, the best way to send the message is to Mrs. Molnar's email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please remind your child to check the Lost and Found for any missing clothing or winter wear items. It is growing daily. You are welcome to come look through it as well, as sometimes the students do not look as thoroughly as adults.
- If you need a copy of the New Wellness Policy, please ask in the office. There is a list of acceptable birthday/classroom treats. The teachers appreciate pre-packaged and pre-portioned treats.
- A Background Check Application is required to be completed by school visitors and volunteers each school year. Anyone coming to help with holiday parties must have one completed a week in advance.
SUB AIDES NEEDED!
A BIG THANKS goes out to the 2015-16 officers. They worked a lot of hours to help make Memorial Great:
Mrs. Kathy Danzi, President
Mrs. Chrissy Miller, Vice President,
Mrs. Kerry DeRubbo, Treasurer,
Mrs. Connie Bauswell, Secretary
Mrs. Danzi and Mrs. DeRubbo have completed two years in office and will be stepping down.
The 2016-17 officers will be:
Mrs. Debra Krieg-Lewis, President
Mrs. Chrissy Miller, Vice President
Mrs. Courtney Huttinger, Treasurer
Mrs. Connie Bauswell, Seccretary
You can find the Memorial PTO News at: http://www.memorialelementarypto.com/
Memorial is a 2015 National Blue Ribbon Award
Memorial is designated as an Indiana Four Star School
Valparaiso Community Schools are AdvancED Accredited