22-23 Winter Sports Information
WINTER SPORTS REGISTRATION
- Genesis Sports Registration for the WINTER 2022-2023 season will open on MONDAY, September 26TH.
- Your child must be registered before the program's first practice.
- *Parents can check your child's academic and physical eligibility once registered for a WINTER Sport. Click for directions.*
SPORTS SCHEDULES and NOTIFICATIONS
- Game schedules can be found on the MHS or WAMS Athletics Website by clicking on the link called “Sports Calendar.”
- If you would like updates regarding schedule changes, once on the online sports calendar website, click on “Notify Me” and sign-up for text and email notifications for your child’s team.
- The WINTER sports schedules are 95% complete. There may still be some minor changes before and during the season.
PHYSICAL ELIGIBLITY INFORMATION
- Before registering for a physical at MHS or WAMS, you must try to get your sports physical evaluation completed by your family physician. If you cannot get an appointment with your family physician, use the google form below to register. Once registered, your appointment time will be sent to you.
- After registering for a free physical, your child must bring the Physical Packet to the High School or WAMS nurse's office two weeks before your scheduled appointment date. For appointments scheduled on 10/12, please turn in the packet by 9/28. For appointments scheduled on 11/16, please turn in the packet by 11/2.
- Page 1 must be completed and signed by the student-athlete and parent, and pages 3 and 4 must have the student's name printed at the top before handing in the packet. Again, your child must be on time for the appointment.
*If you are not getting your physical at MHS or WAMS, please return your completed physical packet to the appropriate Main Office by 8 am on Monday, November 7th.*
Free Sports Physical Appointment Request
2022-2023 Student Participation Fee Information
- The fee is a one-time payment for the entire 2022-2023 school year with a family cap of $300.
- If you paid the fee in the Fall or Winter, you don't need to pay again.
- Payment is submitted via http://www.payschoolscentral.com/
- Students who qualify for the Federal Free and Reduced Lunch Program are EXEMPT from paying the Participation Fee. The form can be found online via the Genesis Parent Portal or at https://bit.ly/3dqU2YI.
- The day of the first regular-season contest.
- Any student not paying the fee as of the deadline will be removed from their activity and will not be allowed to participate in any capacity until the Participation Fee has been paid.
- If a student is not selected to participate in an activity, they will receive a refund if it is the only activity they plan to participate in during the school year. If the student is not selected, the parent must fill out the Student Participation Fee Refund Request Form.
- Any participant who voluntarily chooses to leave a club, activity, or team or is dropped for disciplinary or academic deficiencies is not eligible for a refund after the first official date of the activity, not including the pre-season or audition period.
- If you have technical issues with the PaySchools website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Officials Needed! - NJSIAA Recruitment Initiative Press Release (8/1/2022)
NJSIAA (New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletics Association), aware of the challenges facing youth sports officials and dedicated to continuing to create a healthy, competitive environment focused on sportsmanship, is helping address this critical situation by launching a recruitment initiative. This program will provide a $300 rebate to any new official who joins an NJSIAA-recognized officials chapter and successfully completes all NJSIAA requirements for certification. The rebate is available to new officials in any NJSIAA-sanctioned sport and is intended to cover all or almost all start-up costs for a new official, including registration and uniform purchase.
Detailed information on becoming an official is available by visiting the NJSIAA website, at https://www.njsiaa.org/officials.
- If you have any additional questions regarding MHS spring sports, please feel free to contact me.
- If you have any additional questions regarding WAMS spring sports, contact Steve Phillips (email@example.com).
All program-specific questions should first be directed to the head coach.