This week at the Creek
- Students should complete at least one IREADY Reading and one IREADY Math each week. This way they will have a total of 4 by the end of the month.
- Interim reports go home on Tuesday, 4/13.
- Athletic parent meeting 4/13 @ 7:30 am or 4/15 @ 12:00 pm. (more details below)
- FREE Breakfast and Lunch has been extended through the end of the school year.
Reminders as we all have returned to Plan A
- Ensure that you keep your student home if they are not feeling well.
- Students must wear their mask above their nose at all times while in the building (except when eating lunch).
- Call the front office if your student will be absent due to showing symptoms that could be related to COVID 19.
- Students are not permitted to wear airpods/earbuds in the hallway. These will only be permitted to be used in classroom by teacher discretion.
- The tardy bell is at 7:10 am and our release time begins at 2:05 pm.
- We will continue to monitor the traffic pattern. Please be sure that your student is ready to exit the car when you arrive on campus.
Athletic Meetings for Track
Grade level: Student is in the 7th or 8th grade
Attendance: Student must have less than 15 days of unexcused absences during the first semester (Aug-Jan)
Academics: Student must have passed a minimum of 4 classes (at least 3 of those must be core courses [Math, Science, Social Studies, Language Arts] plus 1 Encore class) from the previous semester (S1 on report card).
Physical: Student must have a current Sports Physical on file.
(if you had a sports physical on file that was done after March 1st, 2020, please contact Ms. Jones)
Panther Paws Raffle
Thank you to the parents, staff, and community members who have donated items to raffle. We have received AIR PODS, 2 TV's, a SKATEBOARD, an ECHO DOT, and a GOOGLE NEST.
Attendance is an important predictor of success in school. So, it is necessary to be in school on the 2 assigned days and online for the other 3 days.
Students may work on these lessons at home too. These lessons are on their individual pathways which assist with closing the gap of individual learning.
NOW IS THE TIME TO WORK HARD! Many students stated that not being on campus all five days as a reason for not completing work so now that we are all on campus students should be excelling!
- Students must pass MATH, ELA, and either Science or Social Studies.
- Students must pass one year long combination of ENCORE Classes.
- Students must make adequate progress on their EOG tests.
- Attendance is also taken into consideration.
Dates to Know
4/13 Interim Reports
4/13 7:30 am Athletic Parent meeting (TRACK) or
4/15 12:00 pm Athletic Parent meeting (TRACK)
4/20 8th grade students take Science NC Checkin
4/19 Track tryouts
4/21 Teacher Workday
4/22 All students take IREADY MATH and Math 1will take the Check in
4/28 All students take IREADY Reading
4/30 April WIG due
5/6 Interim Reports