October 15, 2018
Chronic Attendance Update-16%
Let's continue our work of reaching out to students who are absent and letting them know all the great things they have missed.
Shout out to Carranza (80%) and Plummer (77.3%) for having the highest satisfactory attendance.
Shout out to Mathis (7.4%) and Plummer (9.1%) for having the lowest chronic attendance.
Shout Out To:
Just a reminder that TAG and Play Fighting are not allowed during recess.
Best Practice of the Week - Do Nows
- can either be a review of previous material or a prep for upcoming material
- should be able to be done independently by students
- only should take 10 to 15 minutes of instructional time
- should be consistent
Upper Yard-Baker Nash
- Cost Meeting 11 to 12
- Faculty Council 3 to 4
- Minimum Day
- Howard Professional Learning 2 to 3:30
- Howard Collaboration 3:30 to 4
- Williams Off Site-Principal Professional Learning.
- Family Game Night 6 to 7:30
- Holiday-No School
Professional Learning 10/17
Teachers will utilize Math curriculum tools to plan for strong data-based math instruction.
Math Expressions Book
Math Core Curriculum Book
Cycle 2 Overview
Upcoming October Events
Upcoming November Events
11/7--Hoot and Holler11/9--Minimum Day End of the 1st Trimester
11/12--No School Veterans Day
11/14--Report Cards Due by 4 pm
11/19 to 11/23--Thanksgiving Break
11/26 to 11/27--Minimum Days Howard Professional Learning
11/28 to 11/30--Minimum Days Parent Teacher Conferences