Reading Work Sample
How to Train a Dog
Among the many important responsibilities dog owners have, training a dog is among the most important. Well-trained pets are easier to care for and love, cause less damage to your home (and theirs), and live happier lives. In this article, we cover many of the basics of dog training. But we also cover some important facets of dogs themselves -- which you need to be familiar with in order to communicate with your pooch.These include how dogs communicate to you through body language and noises. Dogs send myriad messages with their bodies and their voices -- this is one reason why they're so fascinating and beloved. The more you understand their messages, the more you understand them and how your own messages are being understood. Read this entire article carefully -- there are three sections after this one -- and then put the wisdom into practice. Here's what we'll cover:
Dogs use their entire body to communicate. Their eyes and ears are especially dynamic, and they give sure-fire clues to dogs' emotions and impulses. How dogs tilt their heads, move their legs and torsos, wag (or raise or drop) their tails -- all these things contribute to the messages being sent. In this section, we cover many of the silent messages your pooch will give you, from his nose to his tail.
Dogs are probably the most "verbally" expressive of all domesticated animals, and this only adds to their charm. From the whine of a puppy to the angry growl of an adult, dogs mean what they say. The more you understand these signals, the happier you and your dog will be. At the same time, it's important to know which noises constitute an annoyance, and how to train your dog to stop making them. We'll offer suggestions on teaching a dog to stop barking in this section.
It's important to know not only how to train a dog, but what to train it to do. Puppies have no sense of correct behavior, so they offer a million things you could correct; which should you address? In this section, we'll cover what to correct as well as how to train a pooch. We'll also discuss dog obediences classes -- also known as puppy kindergarten -- and specific thing you can teach your dog if you plan on traveling with it. Life tosses up myriad challenges to a dog's sense of obedience, and the more he's trained to understand, the happier you both will be. Finally, for fun and practical benefit, we'll cover a few basic tricks you can teach your dog. They're a wonderful way to bond with your pet and to entertain the both of you, while teaching it how to behave and react to your commands. Everybody wins!
Fortney, William. "How to Train a Dog." Animal Planet. Discovery Communications, Web. 29 May 2013. <http://animal.discovery.com/pets/how-to-train-a-dog.htm>.
1. What is the main idea of this article?
2. What are 3 ways dogs send messages to people?
1. How would you explain the way people train dogs?
2. What can you point out about this training tech.?
1. What is your opinion of the article and how it Works?
2. What is the most important rule that was stated?
1. The main idea of this article is to get dog people and lovers to start listening to their pets. Sometimes they are not listening and have no idea what the dog wants.
2. Three ways they send messages are through body language, barks and noises like whines, and then through their eyes as well.
1. Some of ways people train them is by awarding good behaves and diciplining bad behavior. They also keep them well exercised.
2. Well this training tech. is very good and seems like it might work if played out correctly.
1. My opinion about this article is really just nice, it's a good article and has many good points about what to do and what not to do.
2. The most important rule that was stated within the text was too listen to your dog. Don't ignor it when they want something but instead try and see what he/she is saying.