True Self Care Spring Newsletter 2022
What is a Life Coach?
These are the professional industry's definitions:
- "In its simplest form, coaching is about helping another person achieve their personal or professional goals." (from iPEC, Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching)
- "Coaching, at its very best, is about helping people make profound and lasting shifts in their lives by pushing them to dig deeper so they can unlock their true potential." (from iPEC, Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching)
- "Coaching is partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential." (from ICF, International Coach Federation)
Coaching is a helping profession; coaches are available to help guide you, encourage you, and provide you with space and time to work on yourself.
Click below to read the entire Positive Psychology article:
TOO OFTEN WE THINK A BUBBLE BATH, READING A GOOD BOOK OR GOING OUT WITH FRIENDS AS "SELF CARE..."
Kristen Suleman, a therapist in Texas who specializes in group and individual therapy, says this about self-care (and I concur):
- The term “#self-care” gets thrown around a lot these days. It has become a pretty trendy idea, a buzzword if you will, especially given the impact this concept has had on the wellness industry. The consumer side of self-care has many of us convinced that self-care equals regular spa days, wine in the bathtub, expensive vacations, retail therapy, and anything else of the “treat yo self” variety. While I love an excellent Parks and Rec reference, let me be clear here: all of these things are great and can certainly be aspects of your self-care and self-maintenance, but true, genuine self-care encompasses more than that.
- What does Ms. Suleman mean? I understand from her article that self-care is putting forth genuine efforts into taking care of yourself. It is more profound than the bubble baths, getaway weekends, and spa retreats. It is making sure you include [intentionally] things that bring you joy in all areas of your life. If the big things that take up a large part of your living do not bring you joy, if they are not aligning with your values, then you need to take some time to explore and reframe. Your self-care may include leaving a job/career or leaving a partner; your self-care may need to be an intentional life-changing shift. Don't get me wrong, a trip to the spa or enjoying some ice cream is a great way to pamper yourself, but these activities do not move you forward, closer to happiness, calmness, and joy for more extended periods.
- Some people seek licensed professional counselors, social workers, and other licensed mental health clinicians. This help is always appropriate when you are in a space where you need to dig into your past, reflect on traumas, or explore diagnoses. Any time you work on trauma or mental health, you should work with a licensed clinician. Coaching is not therapy.
- Suppose you want to move forward and need to explore yourself in this present space. In that case, you need to set some goals and action plans with accountability or work through current relational struggles, career struggles, transition struggles, or anything in the personal development arena. You may need a Life Coach to assist you. Aspire, LLC offers three session bundles: 4, 8, and 12 session bundles, and after a bundled session, you may continue on a session-by-session basis. At a minimum, consider the complimentary discovery session. For more information, please go to aspireself.com
- For Kristen's full article, click on the link below.
Most basic self care can be easily scheduled into your daily routine and doesn't cost anything, watch Vera in this Youtube video.
APPOINTMENT TIMES WILL BE FOUND AT THE ASPIRESELF.COM WEBSITE. HERE ARE ASPIRE'S OFFICE HOURS IF YOU WANT TO CALL FOR MORE INFORMATION:
860.222.0797 (call or text) or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
http://aspireself.com Website launch will be on April 25th.
If you are interested, virtual coaching is available for those not living in the New Milford, Connecticut area. Complimentary Discovery Meetings are also available virtually.
ANYONE CAN SCHEDULE A COMPLIMENTARY 30 MIN DISCOVERY SESSION; NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. YOU CAN SCHEDULE THIS ON THE WEBSITE.
Monday- 10:30 am- 5 pm (no appoints are scheduled on Mondays)
Tuesday- 11 am- 7 pm
Wednesday- 11 am- 7 pm
Thursday- 12 pm- 5 pm
Friday- Temporarily Closed
Saturday and Sunday, I am living my life, doing things that make me happy! Follow my lead.
You are invited to Aspire's Open House Launch Gathering! May 13th, 3:30 pm - 6:30 pm @ 19 Main St, 2nd floor, New Milford Connecticut
Please stop by, even if you only have a few minutes. I would love to meet you!!
May 13th, 3:30 pm- 6:30 pm @ 19 Main Street on the 2nd floor, in New Milford, CT. If you need access to an elevator, you will need to go around to the back of the building. I will have a sign on the steel door. Go into that steel door and take a right as you leave that little hallway, and the elevator is right there. Go to the second floor, and when you step out, you will be able to find me, my office, and the treats. FYI: The stairs are pretty steep, and the staircase is long.