Family Newsletter-January 2020
Our first semester has concluded and we are beginning the second semester. Teachers are working on report cards and they will be mailed to you soon. This is a great time to review and reflect with your child about their progress toward meeting their grade level standards. Celebrate your child's strengths and efforts! They are working hard and engaged in a lot of higher level thinking and learning. We still have so much to learn for the second half of the school year. Ask your child about how school is going, what do they like each day, what areas do they feel they could grow in. Check out this list of 10 Questions to Ask Kids About Their Day at School.
Mrs. Gina McLain
Important Upcoming Dates
- Mon., Feb 3rd--No School, Teacher Work Day
- Thurs., Feb. 6th--College Wear Day
- Fri., Feb. 7th--Jump Rope for Heart Kick-Off
- Mon., Feb. 10th--Parent Information Night: Student Investment Account Activity, 6:30-7:00 PM
- Mon., Feb. 10th--Booster Club Mtg., 7:00-8:30 PM in the library
- Mon., Feb. 17th--No School: Presidents' Day
- Fri., Feb. 21st--Bingo Night, 5:30-8:00 PM Click here for details
Comprehensive Sexuality Education
A few weeks ago I sent out information regarding our website that has all of the information regarding the CSE lessons. Included on the site are parent notification letters in English and Spanish, a calendar that has all the lesson dates for each grade level, a link to lessons, opt out information, and more. Kindergarten and 6th grade will be starting lessons next week, February 4th. The other grade levels will be teaching lessons March through May. Please read the notification letter and review the site by clicking on the link below.Lenox Comprehensive Sexuality Education website
It is also found on our HSD Lenox website under the For Families tab and Quick Links.
Read Across America Day--Monday, March 2nd
We celebrate the joy and love of reading by participating in these activities:
- Students and staff are encouraged to dress up as their favorite book character
- Special student readers in our lobby living room, set up especially for this day
- A school wide "Drop Everything and Read!" two times during the school day
- Intermediate classes reading to primary classes
- Guest readers coming to classes to read
Lenox Parent Drop Off Procedures Reminders
When dropping off your child:
Please pull as far forward as you can in the drop off lane and watch for directions from staff on duty to either stop or keep pulling forward.
Please remain in your vehicle.
Have students exit on the passenger side of the vehicle onto the sidewalk.
Students will then head on the sidewalk to the front entrance of the school.
Once you have dropped off your student, you may either proceed forward and out of the lot or merge into the thru lane and out of the lot.
If the drop off lane is full, use the thru lane to circle back around.
If you park and walk your child into the building, please use caution when crossing to the sidewalk.
Booster Club Information
For more information about Booster Events, please click on the links below: