Bennett Bear Business Newsletter
Week of October 24, 2021
Thank You for Supporting our PTO Trunk or Treat!!!
Check Out This Week's Grade Level Newsletters
Kindergarten's Weekly Newsletter
1st Grade's Weekly Newsletter
2nd Grade's Weekly Newsletter
3rd Grade's Weekly Newsletter
4th Grade's Weekly Newsletter
5th Grade's Weekly Newsletter
Specials' Weekly Newsletter
Learning Commons Weekly Newsletter
Book Fair Volunteers Needed
We are in GREAT need of volunteers to assist with this year’s Book Fair. Please consider volunteering to ensure we are able to serve all students and parents during the assigned classroom shopping times.
As a reminder, all volunteers must complete the MISD background check.
Sign Up HERE to Volunteer at the Book Fair
MISD Covid Testing By Appointment Only
McKinney ISD has partnered with GeneIQ to provide COVID testing for MISD staff, students, and families of MISD staff and students. Gene IQ is an approved vaccinator in the state of Texas and provides vaccination services in accordance of state and CDC guidelines, and GeneIQ is also a molecular diagnostics laboratory that provides PCR COVID-19 testing and collection of these test.
Testing will be available Monday thru Thursday beginning October 25th from 10:00 AM to 7:00PM. This is subject to change dependent on the number of people using the service.
Testing is by appointment only.
If you have been exposed to Covid 19 or if you are symptomatic, use the following link to schedule an appointment:
Julie Blankenship BSN RN
MISD Director of Health Services
Book Your Covid Test Appointment Here
Share Your Career
Our character trait for this month is RESPONSIBILITY. We would like to spotlight YOU on our morning announcements.
Please briefly explain your career, and then choose a question below to answer for our K-5 students: Why is responsibility so important in your career? How do you show responsibility at work? How will being responsible today help students who want to do what you do in the future?
Record your video here:
Front Parking Lot - Arrival & Dismissal Safety Expectations of Parents
Dear Bennett Parents,
We need YOUR help! The safety of our BEARS is our #1 priority. Thank you to our amazing parents that follow the safety rules and expectations to help do your part in keeping everyone safe. Unfortunately, we have some parents that are NOT doing their part to keep everyone safe. Therefore, we would like to take this time to review and reiterate the Bennett safety expectations for our front parking lot so everyone can do their part to keep all of our BEARS safe.
1. Parents that wish to stay in their vehicle will need to drop off and/or pick up their children in the front or back carpool lines.
2. The front parking lot is only used for parents that wish to park, get out of their vehicle with their child, use the front crosswalk, and walk their child into the building. If your child requires assistance with their safety belt or belongings, please use this option.
3. If you choose to walk your child into the building, please park in a designated parking spot in the front parking lot. Both parent and child will exit their parked vehicle, use the designated crosswalk where a Bennett staff member will direct you when to cross the crosswalk, and enter the building. Children should never be dropped off in the parking lot and asked to walk across the cross walk alone.
4. Handicap parking spots are reserved for vehicles that display the appropriate placard or license plate.
Thank you for your immediate attention and help with our safety concerns, as we all do our part to keep our BEARS safe!
Proud to be a BEAR,
The Bennett Staff
Please Keep Your Dogs at Home or Safely Inside Your Vehicle
Safety Patrol Team 3 will Assist with Arrival & Dismissal
Parent-Teacher Conference Day - No School for Students - Monday, October 25th
NEW DUE DATE - PTO Sponsored Yearbook Cover Contest - Entries Due November 19th
Red Ribbon Week - Tuesday, October 26th - Friday, October 29th
Send Red Ribbon Pics to Mrs. Thompson - See Below
Picture Retake Day for our BEARS - Tuesday, October 26th
Questions About Our Original Picture Day? Here's Who to Contact
Responsibility - Character Trait for October
VIRTUAL - October Friday Live - Friday, October 29th - 2:30PM
Bennett's Spirit Night at the McKinney Stadium - Friday, October 29th
Bennett Will Enter the Stadium & Sit on the VISITOR SIDE of the Stadium
Here are the highlights for Friday.
- Students must arrive by 6:30 p.m. and go immediately to Section 110 (Please note, this is on the visitor side of the stadium. All students will need to enter on that side). Kick off will be at 7:00 p.m.
- Bennett students must wear a school spirit shirt to be granted free admission and must be accompanied by an adult with paid admission.
- Bennett students will meet on the Visitor Side in Section 110.
- We will gather on the field for a group picture and be highlighted on the video board before kickoff.
- Parents are NOT allowed on the field, only Bennett staff.
- Link to ticketing information is below
- We strongly encourage you to buy tickets before Friday to save money.
Ticket Information for Bennett's Night at the Stadium
Ticket Spicket Link For Parents to Purchase Adult Tickets for the Game
Bennett Spirit Night is a BIG Deal for Our BEARS!
4th & 5th Grade Choir Begins - Monday, November 1st
PTO Sponsored Principals Coffee - Wednesday, November 3rd
Save the Date - 3rd-5th Grade Fine Arts Night - Thursday, December 9th
BEARS Celebrating a Birthday in October
1 - Tommy
3 - Daniel, Emilia, Logan
4 - Ellie-Rae
5- Mason, Ayden
6 - Sophia, Ronald, Juliana, Emilynn
7 - Paxton
8 - Mia, Taleia
9 - Knox, Ms. Trout - Resource Teacher
10 - Royce
11 - Maggie, Anna
13 - Ms. Stallbaumer - Media Resource Specialist
14 - Macie, Lily, Daniel
15 - Reagan, Simon
17 - Rocco
19 - Micole, Luke, Paxton, Amelia, Wes
20 - Eva, LeoDaniel
21 - Charlie
22 - Lillian, Graham
23 - Jacob, Brylee, Reaghan, Shane
24 - Thomas, Asher
25 - Reese
27 - Brooklyn, Dillon
28 - Liam, Benjamin, Holly, Trevor, Kinley, Ms. Snyder - 4th Grade Teacher
31 - Isabel, MJ
Upcoming Events for our BEARS
Monday, October 25th - Friday, October 29th:
*Parent - Teacher Conference Week
*Red Ribbon Week
Monday, October 25th:
McKinney ISD Parent-Teacher Conference Day - No School for Students
Tuesday, October 26th:
*PTO Sponsored Yearbook Cover Entries Due in Bennett Front Office
*Red Ribbon Week - Wear Crazy Socks or Crazy Shoes
Wednesday, October 27th:
Red Ribbon Week - Wear Pajamas
Thursday, October 28th:
Red Ribbon Week - Wear Team Jersey or Dress Like Someone at School
Friday, October 29th:
*Red Ribbon Week - Wear Bennett Spirit Wear
*2nd-5th Grade Running Club - 7:30AM-7:50AM
*Virtual October Friday Live - 2:30PM - pre-recorded video sent out via link
Friday, October 29th:
*Bennett's Spirit Night at the McKinney Stadium
*BENNETT WILL SIT ON THE VISITOR SIDE OF THE STADIUM - see flyer in Business
*Boyd Broncos & McKinney High School Football Game Night
November 1st-19th - District Interim Assessments for 3rd, 4th, & 5th Grade:
Monday, November 1st:
*Family Literacy Day
*4th & 5th Grade Choir - 7:15AM - Music Room
*Creed Lunch at 11:00AM
Wednesday, November 3rd:
*PTO Sponsored Principals Coffee - 8:00AM - Learning Commons
Friday, November 5th:
2nd-5th Grade Running Club - 7:30AM
Saturday, November 6th:
2nd Grade Alpha Testing at Webb
Sunday, November 7th:
Daylight Saving Time Ends
Monday, November 8th:
No School for Students & Staff
November 9th-19th - District Interim Assessments for 3rd, 4th, & 5th Grade:
Thursday, November 11th:
PTO Sponsored Spirit Night - E.J. Wills Spirit Night
Friday, November 12th:
*2nd-5th Grade Running Club - 7:30AM
*Book Fair Closes
*PTO Teacher Grants Announced
Saturday, November 13th:
1st Grade Alpha Testing at Webb
Monday, November 15th:
4th & 5th Grade Choir - 7:15AM - Music Room
Wednesday, November 17th:
Progress Reports Go Home
Friday, November 19th:
*2nd-5th Grade Running Club - 7:30AM
*1st Annual Turkey Trot During Regular Specials Times
*PTO Sponsored Yearbook Cover Entries Due in Bennett Office
Monday, November 22nd - Friday, November 26th:
Thanksgiving Break - Holiday for Students & Staff
Monday, November 29th - Friday, December 3rd:
No Alpha Services due to Kindergarten & 3rd Grade Screenings
Monday, November 29th:
*4th & 5th Grade Choir - 7:15AM - Music Room
*Creed Lunch - 11:30AM
Tuesday, November 30th:
*NEW MONTHLY CELEBRATIONS - Replaces Friday Live
*Parents - Invitation ONLY if your child receives an award
*Kinder-2nd Grade - Bennett Live - 8:15AM-8:45AM - Gym
*3rd-5th Grade - Bennett Live - 9:00AM-9:30AM - Gym
October Breakfast Menu
October Lunch Menu
Clinic News from Nurse Tiffany
NEW MISD Covid 19 Isolation Protocols
New MISD Isolation Protocols
Step 1: When a student, who is on campus, has displayed symptoms of COVID-19, such as a fever, coughing, shortness of breath, etc., the school nurse will provide a clinical assessment to determine if and when a student needs to be sent home. Students who are ill will be separated from their peers and should be picked up within one hour.
Step 2: The campus nurse will speak with the parent/guardian regarding quarantine and isolation needed for their symptomatic student. The student who has symptoms of COVID-19, may return to campus after 10 days have passed from symptom onset AND symptoms resolved AND at least 24 hours have passed with no fever, without the use of fever-reducing medication. The student may return to campus before the end of the 10 day period only IF a note from a health care provider is received by and discussed with the campus nurse prior to the student returning to campus.
Step 3: The campus nurse will follow up with the student throughout the quarantine and isolation period.
Step 4: If the parent of the student reports to the campus nurse that the student was tested for COVID-19 and is now lab confirmed positive, the steps for “ Students Who Report That They are Lab-Confirmed Positive for COVID-19” will be followed.
Students Who Report That They Are Lab-Confirmed Positive for COVID-19
Step 1: When a student has been lab-confirmed positive for COVID-19, the school nurse and teacher should be notified of their illness and should remain home for 10 days from the date of testing.
Step 2: The student who had the lab-confirmed COVID-19 positive test result, may return to campus after 10 days have passed from the date the positive test was performed AND symptoms resolved AND at least 24 hours have passed with no fever, without the use of fever-reducing medication.
Step 3: The campus nurse will follow up with the lab confirmed COVID-19 positive student throughout the quarantine and isolation period.
Step 4: MISD will follow Texas Education Agency and Collin County Health Department guidance for reporting lab positive confirmed COVID-19 cases.
NEW MISD Covid Protocols
Effective 8/2/2021, all existing protocols will be replaced with the following information. We will continue to monitor and adjust our protocols based on any updated information from Collin County Health Department, Texas DSHS, Texas Education Agency and CDC.
- All staff, visitors and students (with parental assistance) should monitor for symptoms of illness prior to campus arrival.
- CDC Guidance (including those fully vaccinated) recommends to maximize protection from the Delta variant and prevent possibly spreading it to others, wear a mask indoors in public if you are in an area of substantial or high transmission. Schools in Texas, including McKinney ISD, may highly recommend but may not require masks.
- Campuses will work to ensure no student is treated differently as a result of their choice to wear a mask or not wear a mask.
- Visitors will be allowed on campus according to standard visiting rules.
- Social distancing will be maintained when feasible.
- Staff and students will continue to be expected to wash their hands frequently throughout the day.
- Parents and employees will continue to be required to report confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 to campus administration or their supervisor, but this information will no longer be tracked on the District COVID-19 Dashboard.
- Staff and students with symptoms of COVID 19 (until ruled out) OR a confirmed case of COVID-19 must quarantine for 10 days from the date of symptom onset or positive test if no symptoms.
- Staff will not conduct close contact reviews and students/staff will not be required to quarantine for exposure.
- Current MISD COVID-19 numbers may be accessed through TEA at https://dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/schools/texas-education-agency/
- Current Collin County/City of McKinney numbers may be found at https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/8a63b1622bea4d65b28658f2101b539