Vol. 1, Issue 1 - July 20, 2021
Welcome to the new KCSD Newsletter!
Information on the 2021-22 School Year
Highlights of the plan include:
- The KCSD will not close in-person instruction unless required/mandated to do so by the Department of Public Health, the Local Health Department and/or the Governor
- Parents/guardians may choose our Virtual Learning Program for their student. Information on the program can be found here. Students will only be given the option of synchronous instruction if they are required to isolate/quarantine during the school year by a medical professional or district staff
- We recommend that all of TEAM KENTON and our extended family receive the COVID vaccination (we understand and respect that this is an individual/family choice but it is important to note that students/staff who are vaccinated do not have to quarantine unless they become symptomatic).
- We recommend all persons who are not vaccinated wear masks while indoors in any KCSD facility. (This is only a recommendation and is the choice of the individual and/or their parents/guardians and we also recommend that individuals consult their doctor for professional medical advice.)
- Required by the Center for Disease Control Order, clarified by the Kentucky Department of Education on 7/19/21: All students must wear masks on school buses at all times.
- The district will not track COVID data during the 2021-2022 school year. The district will utilize the community transmission data at the following link: https://govstatus.egov.com/kycovid19
It is important to note that we will continue to monitor this ongoing challenge and we will keep you updated should we have to make changes to our plan. Thank you to TEAM KENTON and all of our extended family for your continued unwavering support as we continue to navigate the COVID pandemic. We are ready for a world class 2021-2022 school year!
Congratulations to our retirees!
KCSD Summer Internship Program
Meet a new administrator!
Welcome Alex Fangman, principal at Summit View Academy
Years in Education: 11Favorite Candy Bar: Heath
Favorite Education Quote: "Education is the most powerful weapon with which you can use to change the world." -Nelson Mandela
Mr. Fangman is a lifelong resident of Kenton County and a father of three. His hobbies include golfing and reading.