What all they can do!
Pros for students:
- infinite number of web-based texts and resources at their fingertips
- dynamic web based applications
Pros for teachers:
- cloud storage for student data and samples
- can provide quick classroom management via computer instead of calling out students and drawing attention to inappropriate behavior
Pros for everyone:
- holds charge for 8+ hours = no safety hazards with chords!!!
- Automatically saves in Google Docs = no lost work and NO EXCUSES
- Some software cannot be installed on the Chromebooks
- Must have a strong internet connection and network to utilize online programs; however Google apps can work without internet
NETS for students
- share their screen with their students
- monitor and interact with student screens
- block websites/internet
- student surveys
- and much much more!
Why Should I Include Chromebooks in my Blended Classroom?
Chromebooks allow for individualized education plans/paths because teachers can easily assign different paths to students. All students have their own username and password which teachers can assign plans/paths to.
Chromebooks are inexpensive and can be cost effective for schools. Chromebooks also allow the Google apps to be downloaded and utilized offline when the internet is down throughout the school.