Life Group Leaders Weekly
"TO CULTIVATE MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS CENTERED ON GOD'S WORD AND PRAYER"
LIFE GROUP UPDATE
Greetings Life Group Leaders!
The wait is officially over! Fall Life Groups will officially begin this Sunday with 10 groups!! Thank you SO much for your willingness to serve alongside one another in this ministry.
This is also the beginning of your Leaders Weekly series from me. Each week on Friday you'll receive a Leaders newsletter containing the Leaders Guide, helpful tips, and tricks for leading and hosting. You don't want this s'more mail newsletter to hit your SPAM folder so be sure to mark it SAFE through your email account.
What's next? Well, some of our groups are full, while others still have some space. If your group still has room for more people, please feel free to reach out and invite people to join you! Who doesn't love being invited?!
Especially during the first couple of weeks, be sure to focus on the relational element of Life Groups. Also, be sure to remind your group that all the questions stem from the bible text being delivered on a Sunday morning first and the sermon second. Allow our mission statement "To Cultivate Meaningful Relationships Centered on God's Word and Prayer" to inform us what is of greatest value when we gather together. If we focus on this on the front end, it will pay dividends by the end of the semester.
Thank you all once again for your willingness to serve as Leaders and Hosts. May the Lord cause us to grow in faith and love through this ministry. I hope you have a great first week!
THINGS TO REMEMBER
What are you planning to do for your first meeting? Consider asking your group how they feel about sharing a meal together, meeting indoors vs. outdoors, in-person, vs. zoom; COVID may/may not be a factor for your group regarding this. If you haven't had a chance to contact your group yet, I would encourage you to do so as soon as possible. Also, please remember to take attendance. You should receive an email before your group meeting time with an attendance link. If you need help, please don't hesitate to call me.
Serve opportunities still look a little different due to concerns for COVID-19. As needs arise we will reach out to your groups to offer areas in which the community is in need of service. If you'd like to get a few people together from your group to serve together, great! OR (this semester) if your group has personal ideas for how to serve and would like to serve together, we encourage you to do that too. *Please be mindful of serve opportunities that require participants to contribute financially as it may make some uncomfortable.
LEADER TOOLS - Our Leader Tools Page is updated weekly on our church website.
- Leader's Weekly
- Sermon Guide
- And more!
Check out our Leader Tools Page here: http://hanfordcrc.org/lifegroups/leader-tools
**For group participants that are not currently attending our regular Sunday morning services, or who were unable to attend, please invite them to find the homework guide online here: http://hanfordcrc.org/livestream/sermon-guides
GOALS FOR THIS WEEK
- Relationships! - Set aside ample social time for group members to mingle and to get to know one another.
- Covenants - Hand out and go over group covenants - these will be available for you on Sunday morning and your group will sign these during the 3rd week, but be sure to go over them as a group before the end of the first night.
- Homework - Time permitting, go over a few questions in the sermon guide. Highlight the vital importance of doing our homework for the sake of group discussion. Also, explain the optional self-study section.
- Prayer - Thank God for how he has brought your group together.
- Adding newcomers - Do everything you can to be accommodating as a group (ice breakers, no 'insider jokes/comments', etc.) Please be extra sensitive to 'insider' talk. Ensure they feel welcomed and part of the group.