Learn about it now!
For the most part the grasslands are in North America, Asia, and Africa. Its has less than noraml to normal amounts of rain depending on where you are at. It is sunny and usually hot
There are many types of grasslands in the world from like trpoical and dry grasslands. But most grasslands have a warm moist enviroment. The mean of tempature in the grasslands is 20 degrees F. in January and 70 degrees F. in July, The average annual year rainfall is 10-30 inches.
for more information, check out this site:
Types of plants and how they adapted
How animals adapted
Many animals have adapted to the grassland biome to live a better life. Some animals like bison have big broad flat teeth. Most animals have front legs and paws so they can burrow into the grass. Some animals have adapted nocturnally (being active during life). The colors of most animals blend in with plant life so they have a better chance of survival
- "Grassland Climate." Grassland Climate. N.p., n.d. Web. 15 Sept. 2013. <http://www.blueplanetbiomes.org/grasslands_climate_page.htm>.
- "Grasslands Biome." Grasslands Biome. N.p., n.d. Web. 14 Sept. 2013. <http://www.blueplanetbiomes.org/grasslands.htm>.
- "Grasslands." Grasslands. N.p., n.d. Web. 15 Sept. 2013. <http://www.kidcyber.com.au/topics/biomegrass2.htm>.
- "Prairie:Ecosystems:Animals:Adaptations." Prairie:Ecosystems:Animals:Adaptations. N.p., n.d. Web. 13 Sept. 2013. <http://www.museum.state.il.us/muslink/prairie/htmls/eco_an_adapt.html>.
- "Purple Coneflower -Echinacea Purpurea." Purple Coneflower -Echinacea Purpurea. N.p., n.d. Web. 14 Sept. 2013. <http://www.blueplanetbiomes.org/coneflower_purple.htm>.
- "Intersteting Facts about the Grasslands?" Yahoo! Answers. Yahoo!, n.d. Web. 16 Sept. 2013. <http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090513170222AAudzjt>.