PVHS Class of 2023 Counseling News
College and Career Night-SEPTEMBER 21
*See flyer below for more details!
What are You Grateful for Today?
Did you know that practicing gratitude/thankfulness rewires our brain? Research has shown that gratitude can improve general well-being, increase resilience, strengthen social relationships, and reduce stress and depression. The more grateful people are, the greater their overall well-being and life satisfaction.
Read this article for more information about the science behind gratitude.
Use the prompts below to help you practice gratitude this week. Your brain will thank you!
- All Juniors will take the ACT at PVHS in the Spring, but you may want to register to take it before then. There are October and December dates to sign up for.
- Please check the ACT website for up to date testing information. You only need to register for the ACT (NOT writing). You will need to pay with a debit card or credit card. Make sure you keep your user name and password in a safe place. (Trust me on this! You don't want to have to bother with calling ACT.) To register for ACT, click here: http://www.act.org/
- If you get free or reduced lunch, email Mrs. Bryant for an ACT fee waiver! firstname.lastname@example.org Students can receive 4 ACT fee waivers so they don't have to pay for the ACT 4 times during their Junior and Senior years.
Free ACT Prep Resources
- See the flyer above and sign in for FREE online prep at onlineprep.act.org. Your user name is your school email and your password is your password when you log in to your school issued computer.
- FREE online test prep from ACT. Click here!
- March 2 Success:https://www.march2success.com/ (click on courses)
- ACT Strategies
Click the colorful "Scholarships" tab above for more information. Create an account through one of the search engines and start applying!Three Main Types of Scholarships:
- Large Scholarship "Search Engines" such as Big Future, Cappex, Fastweb, etc
- Academic, Athletic, Fine Art Scholarships from colleges/universities
- Local Scholarships (civic groups, places of employments, etc. Students can access local scholarships on our PVHS Counseling website.
See this link for more information and a list of local scholarships:
Why You Need a Resume
Ms. Akin also requires a resume if a student needs a letter of recommendation! :)
Check out this article for great information and examples of high school resumes.
Let's Stay Connected
- PVHS School Counseling website
- Twitter @PVHS_Guidance
- Remind: #81010 message: @pvhs-11
- Remember to consistently check your emails!