Poston Road's TIGER Tracks
Once a Tiger, Always a Tiger
September 2021 Newsletter
A Note from Dr. Vlcan
September 3rd - Walk-a-thon addresses due back to school
September 6th - Labor Day (No School)
September 7th - Read Up Begins (3rd Graders Only)
September 15th - Fall Pictures
October 8th - End of the First Nine Weeks
October 11th - 15th - Fall Break (No School)
October 29th - Fall Parties
Poston Road's Vision/Mission Statements
"Creating Globally-Minded, Lifelong Learners"
Teach for excellence
Inspire academic achievement
Goal driven students
Everyone reaches their potential
Respectful & responsible citizens
Safe learning environment
Skyward Family Access is a website that allows parents to access information about the student. For your login credentials - please contact Mrs. Markitan at: email@example.com
Last week, we sent home information about collecting addresses from friends and family members. Students should return these address forms by Friday, September 3rd. Once the sheets are turned in, you are done! It is that SIMPLE! Thank you so much for your efforts!
Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
- Doors open at 8:20AM (we do not have staff members available to supervise students before 8:20) Please DO NOT drop them off at the door prior to 8:20.
- Door 2 & Door 8 are both options for drop off. It is your preference on which door you would like to drop your child off at. Please pull up along the sidewalk before letting your child out of the car. DO NOT allow your child to cross in front of cars.
- Dismissal bell rings at 3:20PM
- Walkers will be dismissed out Door 2 & Door 8 first.
- Next, the students riding buses and daycare vans will dismiss out of Door 2.
- If you are picking up your child, grades PK-1 as well as Senora Fox/Mrs. Werne's 2nd graders (and older siblings) will be picked up at Door 2. Students in grades 3&4 as well as Mrs. Percifield's second graders will be picked up at Door 8. Please stay in your car, we will bring your child out to you.
Students will not be called out of class until a parent is present to sign them out. Please plan ahead for appointments, as we would like to minimize missed class time.
Textbook & Consumable Fees
Below are the total book rental/consumable fees per grade level. You can pay your fees at the Poston Road office if you are paying by cash or check. If you want to pay by credit card, you will need to pay at the CEC (Central Education Center).
Kindergarten Spanish $180.45
First Grade $182.65
First Grade Spanish $185.48
Second Grade $207.95
Second Grade Spanish $205.23
Third Grade $227.48
Third Grade Spanish $227.73
Fourth Grade $225.16
Fourth Grade Spanish $233.10