LFHS Library Newsletter
Check out smore.com!
It is a new school year, and we are using a new program, smore.com, as a fresh and exciting way to create the library newsletter.
While you are here, perhaps consider ways to use this web application in your classroom. It is great for creating flyers and publishing all types of information in attractive lay-outs.
- Rosen's Digital Literacy- This database empowers 21st century learners with the knowledge and skills to safely and effectively navigate the digital world, exploring such topics as cyberbullying, digital etiquette, careers, and technology.
- Rosen's Financial Literacy- This database makes economics and money-management easy to understand and explores such topics as: macro, micro, and global economics, personal and household finance, debt management and investment.
- ARTstor- This database (coming soon!) is a digital library containing 1.6 million images in the Arts, Architecture, Humanities, and the Social Sciences.
New password sheets will be available in the library.
Need Something and Not Sure Who to See?
Schedule a Classroom- Kerry Littel
Technology Coaching- Laura Grigg
- Email Laura to set up a meeting.
Video Cameras- Cindy Rogna
- Email Cindy to reserve one of our 3 Flips, 5 Kodaks, or 5 Bloggies.
New Materials & Yearbook Photos- Bridget Mobile
- Email Bridget for any new material requests or to inform her of any
DVD Checkout- Carla Shaver
- Email Carla Shaver with your DVD checkout requests
Nooks & eBooks- Ryan Ebling
- Have eBook questions? Want to reserve NOOKs for your class? Email Ryan Ebling.
Meet New Library Staff Members Ryan Ebling & Carla Shaver
He has a BA in English and Communications and recently obtained a MA in Teaching from Trinity International University.
A native of Cedarburg, WIsconsin, Ryan now cheers on the Packers with his wife Kelsey at their home in Lake Forest.
Ryan loves movies, books, and playing and listening to music.
Given the opportunity, Ryan will talk for days on end about his fervor for Arsenal Football Club.
Carla Shaver, a graduate of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, began her teaching career in 1997 at James B. Conant High School in Hoffman Estates, IL where
coincidentally, Laura Grigg, Associate Librarian here at LFHS, was a freshman student at the time.
During that four year period, Carla taught Freshman & Sophomore English, American Literature, and Expository Writing. In addition to teaching English, Carla served as the head Varsity and JV Pom-Pon coach of the Conant Charrelles.
In 2001, Carla accepted an English teaching position at Jones College Preparatory High School in Chicago, where she taught World Literature, British Literature, and Freshman English.
In 2003, Carla and her husband Jim, decided to relocate to Scottsdale, Arizona to escape the notorious 'Chicago Winters' and experience a different quality of life.
After 7 years of living in Scottsdale and starting a family, Carla and Jim decided it was time to move 'back home' closer to family and other relatives.
Carla has spent the past two years subbing in the English department at Deerfield High School, and also serving as a homebound English tutor for Glenbrook South High School students.
Carla is excited to join the library staff at LFHS and is also excited about the opportunity to serve as a teacher assistant in Social Studies with two of Kelly MacBlane's World Civilization II classes.
Carla and Jim, along with their two daughters, reside in Northfield, IL and enjoy spending quality time with their family and friends.
Summer Book Club 2013
Check out the Faceboard bulletin board in the main hallway for a rotating display that will highlight books, authors, and reading experiences from the summer.
In the meantime, please enjoy this video created by Becca Sorensen about her favorite book from the summer: One Shot at Forever by Chris Ballard.
Student Checkout Policy
Students can renew materials, as long as they do not have unpaid fines. They can also place a hold for unavailable titles.