The Texan Chronicle
All that Texan teachers need to know
Friday Morning Stats
We are switching things up a bit, sending this out on a Friday to get teachers what they need for the upcoming week. Need some get up & go for your weekend?
- It is May Basket day! For those of you who don't know, May baskets are small baskets filled with flowers or treats and left on a friend's doorstep. The giver rings the bell and runs away. The receiver tries to catch the fleeing giver; if caught, watch out for a kiss!
- On this day in 1961, Harper Lee won the Pulitzer Prize for, "To Kill a Mockingbird." Look for her 2nd book release, "Go Set a Watchman," to be released July 14, 2015. It is some of the same characters from To Kill a Mockingbird but later in their lives. So exciting!
- Tomorrow is the Kentucky Derby. Get out your hats and mint juleps for a great race!
- Have a great weekend!
Davila Students Corner
Seen & heard this week at Davila:
- Mrs. Blanco - "Our kids are getting some intense review before their next round of STAAR!"
- Boys soccer plays at Sam Rayburn on Monday, May 4 from 4:30 - 7:30.
- And on Thursday, May 7, Girls soccer plays at Sam Rayburn from 4:30 - 7:30.
"Hey all you Texan fans let me hear you clap your hands
Now that you got the beat let me see you move your feet
Now that you got the groove let me see your body move
Say it louder, Say it louder
Davila Texans got the power"
What you need to know for next week...
- The Scholastic BOOK FAIR is next week. Students will attend a preview party during their ELA classes and return later in the week to purchase books. This is a great opportunity for our students. THANKS MRS LUNA for all of your hard work in getting this set-up & running!!!!
- Wednesday, May 6 = Algebra EOC. Students will be testing in the morning. Look for emails/announcements about testing. Best of luck to our 8th graders! Cheers to Mrs. Ramsey for ALL of her and her student's hard work this year!
- Also on Wednesday is a Faculty Meeting. Last week I told you there was only one more. I was wrong. So sorry! Also one on May 27th.
- Lesson plans due on 5/7 are for the week of 5/18 - 5/22. We are moving towards the end of the year!
- SUPER STAR Saturday is next Saturday, May 2nd! All of our students who need extra help to prepare them for the 2nd round of the Reading STAAR test are welcome to attend. Tell our kids they could win gift cards to Grand Station, the movie theaters, and restaurants, AND A CHANCE TO WIN A $150 VISA gift card!!! IF you are willing and able to help, let Mrs. Blanco know as soon as possible. THANKS MRS. BLANCO, MS. LOYD, and MRS.MOORE for being the ones to motivate and help our kids!