The Sherlocks's Tot Spot Times
The Tot Spot Early Education Academy
Ms. Alisha's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Katie's Email: email@example.com
Ms. Le Andra's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Kelsey's Email: Kelsey@ilovethetotspot.com
Follow us on Instagram: thetotspotschool
We also now have a Youtube Channel: The Tot Spot Early Learning Academy and Pinterest: The Tot Spot Early Education Academy...be sure and follow us!!
Special Events and Birthdays!!
Goodbye: To our friend Isreal this month. Best of luck in California!
Oct. 24th- Max
Oct. 1st- Dentist comes to visit
Oct. 18th- Tuttles Preschool Fieldtrip
Oct. 23rd- Hand Washing Seminar 10:30-11:30a.m.
Oct. 31st- Halloween dress-up
Nov. 19th and 21st- Picture Day!
Nov. 25th & 26th- Pj Day!
Nov. 27-29th -CLOSED Thanksgiving break
Upcoming Zoo-phonics Friends
PTO and Vacations
- Did you know we have a PTO? Interested in helping out? Please see Ms. LeAndra or Ms. Alisha.
- Who do you contact concerning vacation credit? Asking a teacher will get you no where. Please email Mr. Mike at email@example.com
In the Classroom!
The new and combined Sherlocks have settled into their new classroom and are excited to have started their preK school year! Thank you for all your support with your children's homework over the past couple months! We are excited to be preparing our class for kindergarten and think that this extra step at home will be a great help to them!
In the classroom this next month we will be focusing on the letters T, I, U, and C. In art, we will be making igloo, upside down, and car track art. We will also be making totem poles, ice cube paintings, making a unicorn, and making cloud paint. In Science we will be making igloos, Totem pole blocks, and crystals, doing an umbrella challenge, cleaning coins, and talking about helium!. Taste Tuesday will be exciting as always with tea, an icing taste test, Utz cheese-balls, and cookies (no bake).
Remind Me App: It's a free app that we're using to for simple reminders like show and share, friend of the week, physical due dates, etc. Our class code is 26kh9g
School is back and so is Scholastic!! Get ready for your book orders! Thank you for all your support! Our code is HQ686
Halloween monster/Alien mouths
Have some fun with your kids and have them help make these delicious monster faces! These are adorable for a Halloween party, but also delicious and healthy enough for an every day snack! With ingredients you probably already have in your house, bring some silliness to snack time.
The Book Nook
What was I Scared of?
What is a pair of empty green trousers doing standing by itself in the woods, or riding a bike in Grin-itch? The narrator certainly doesn't want to find out but wherever he goes, he's haunted by the spooky empty pants. With Halloween coming up, now is a great time to read some “creepy” books! This Dr. Seuss book about being afraid and facing your fears is perfect for this time of year. Maybe the thing you’re scared of is just as scared of you!
The Parent's Spotlight
Would you like to donate?
- Clear plastic jars with lids ie mayonnaise
- Squishy/stress balls
- Egg Cartons
- Is there ever a time when you say to yourself, " I wonder if The Tot Spot would want this"? We could use it in so many ways. You may have babies, but the whole school is yours. Everything can turn into a sensory activity or learning experience. So, before you throw out your junk, ask your teacher if it could be used
The Teacher's Spotlight
If you could redo any day in your life what would it be?
- · Ms. Crystal: none, I love each days that happens
- · Ms. Rachel: The day I got married. It all felt so fast, and I was so nervous that I would love to enjoy it more!
- Ms. Amanda: my wedding day
- · Ms. Maggie: if I could live one day over again it would probably be the day my dad and I went to canton to see my childhood idol Brett farve get inducted into the hall of fame.
- Ms. Mikayla: Thankfully I don't think I've had a day so bad that I feel like I need to do it over.
- · Ms. Alisha: Any day that involved roller coasters or hiking. Even I day of hiking in our neighborhood woods with TTS or the fam!
- Mr. Mike: 06/24/2000 aka my wedding day!
- · Ms. Kelsey: the last day with my grandpa
- · Ms. Le Andra: the last day with my grandma
- · Ms. Katie: Dylans 1st birthday