Discover how to solve and understand stoichiometry problems!
What is Stoichiomtry?
How to solve Stoichiomtry problems:
1. Write a balanced equation for the reaction.
2. Write the given mass on a factor-label form.
3. Convert mass of reactant to moles of reactant.
4. Convert moles of reactant to moles of product.
5. Convert moles of product to grams of product.
6. Pick up the calculator and do the math to get the answer.
For mole to mole problems:
1. Write a balanced equation.(requires a mole ratio)
2. Use the coefficients from the equation and multiply it by appropriate mole ratio
3. Pick up the calculator and do the math to get the answer.
EX. (mass to mass) Lead(II) Nitrate and Sodium Bromide
1. Pb(NO₃)₂ +2NaBr → PbBr₂ + 2Na(NO₃)₂
2. 331.2 g.- Pb(NO₃)₂ 369 g.- PbBr₂ 102.9 g.- NaBr 85 g.- Na(NO₃)₂
3. Use dimensional analysis to get the answer and easier.
4. 6.2 grams