Monday, October 12
- Hearing/Vision Screenings Begin
- Good News Club Meets (2:15-3:30)
- BSHS Teacher Cadets to visit BSES (8:00-9:15)
- Teacher Preview @ BookFair
- Revis, Atkins, Horan on Field Trip
- 3rd Grade Field Trip Rescheduled
- Dummy Report Cards Printed and in boxes by 3:00
- Connect Spartanburg forms go home with students
Tuesday, October 13
- English, Pepper, J. Johnson on Field Trip
- School Board Meeting/Honor Choir to perform
- Book Fair Begins for students
- Faculty Meeting (tentatively at 3:00)
Wednesday, October 14
- Nacho Ordinary Wednesday for Staff
- Math Coaches Meet at BSE
- Dummy Report Card Verifications Due
Thursday, October 15
- 3rd Field Trip
- Great Shake Out (10:15)
- School Improvement Council Meets (3:00)
Friday, October 16
- Spirit Day
- Make-up Picture Money Due
- Fall Fundraiser Celebration
- K Field Trip
Need to Know News
Tardy Check-in or Early Leave
Please note that all students that come in late or checked out early will now have to sign in and out on the computer. Students will be receiving a computer generated tardy slip. Please make note of the change.
BSE will be collecting items for flood victims in the lower part of our state. Many fellow schools are collecting water.....we will be collecting can food/nonperishable items and baby wipes. Please join us in supporting our neighbors in need.
Read Your Way to the Big Game
BSES students will have the opportunity to participate in a Clemson vs Carolina reading competition. Contest participants are entered to win 4 tickets to the Clemson vs. Carolina game, sideline passes, and pre-game activities!
A parent letter/log will go home on Monday, September 29th.
1. Choose which team your child will read for and check the box on the log - your child may only choose one team.
2. Help your child complete the 6 book log as they read throughout the month of October.
3. Turn in the log to your child’s teacher by Friday, November 6th.
We would love to have 100% school participation and an overall BIG winner....we are reading everyday anyway!
Due this Week
-We will be printing report cards and putting them in your box to review. All report verifications are due back by Wednesday to the office.
-During parent/teacher conferences, we will have additional media release forms for those parents that did not give permission. Please ask parents if they would like to give permission for media release. This will have students name on them, so you will know which parents to talk with.
-Conferences would also be a great time to get the rest of the blue internet forms signed. We will take these up after conferences.
Yearbooks on Sale
Parents are also able to pay their lunch bill online. I have include a link below titled "Pay your Lunch Bill" below.
19-2nd Grade Field Trip (Thornton, Mitchell, Cumbo), Pumpkin Book Character Due, Watershed for K5
20-Fall District Office Visit, Report Cards go home, Book Fair Family Night (3:30-6:00), Parent/Teacher Conferences, Pumpkin Vote Begins
21-Last Day of Book Fair, 2nd Grade Testing
22-Honor Choir to perform at Upstate Stand Down, Fall Carnival (4:00-6:30), Parent/Teacher Conferences, 2nd Grade Testing
23-No School, Comp Day for Teachers
26-30-Red Ribbon Week
26-Watershed for 2nd Grade
27-Watershed for 2nd, D2 Chorus Registration (3:30-6)
28-2nd Grade Testing
29-Last Day of Pumpkin Vote, Fire and Earthquake Drill (do not post on web)
30-Award's Day (1-12:30, 2-1:00, 3-1:30), signed papers go home, P. Pups Celebration
4-2nd Grade Testing, Holiday Picture Day, Principal's Meeting
5-2nd Grade Testing, Terrific Kid (8:30), Chick-fil-a Spirit Night (4:30-8)
6-Principal Pals, Clemson/Carolina log due
Birthday Wishes Go Out to......