Summer STEM Guide
shared by Tech-Girls for opportunities in Cville!
The 8th annual Bio-Med Tech-Girls is a collaboration with the UVA Department of Biomedical Engineering (BME), and Charlottesville Women in Tech. This week will be filled with guest speakers, hands-on activities and a design challenge.
Who: 9th grade & up
More details and registration will be available in April.
Who: 5th grade & up
- June 28-July 2 - Web Design & Development
- July 12-July 16 - Creative Coding
- July 19-July 23 - Art of Games
Summer Camps at Virginia Discovery Museum
Virginia Discovery Museum offers week-long, half-day summer camps for children 4 and older provides opportunities for kids to gain confidence, make friends, and explore a range of STEAM-focused topics through creative and engaging hands-on experiences.
- When:June 14 - July 30 (weekly)
- Who: 4 years old and up
- Cost: $85 (Virtual) and $225 (Traditional)
KidsCollege@PVCC plans to offer face-to-face academies at the Stultz Center on PVCC's main campus as well as many online academies.
When: June 7–August 27
Who: Rising 3rd–9th graders
The Circle Project
Check back for details about this program.
STEAM Discovery Academy
STEAM Discovery Academy provides unique opportunities for students to experience science while encouraging them to learn how the universe works and to be creative, while developing innovative solutions.
- When: June 7-August 13 (weekly)
- Who: K through 8th grade
- Cost: $365
SAM’S Camp for Applied Engineering
- When: July 5-July 30 (weekly)
- Who: 6th thorugh 9th grade
- Cost: $315
Camp Invention at Peabody School
Camp Invention: Recharge At-Home campers receive four exciting activity kits packed full of materials to get them outside and active as they explore. Campers follow a daily schedule that includes virtual sessions where they receive guidance from their certified educator Coach.
- When: June 22 - 26
- Who: K through 6th grade
- Cost: $300
Light House Studio Summer Film Academy
Light House Studio offers a wide variety of summer workshops including stop motion, narrative, comedy, documentary, music video, and visual effects. Light House will maintain its small teacher to student ratio so space is limited for in-person opportunities. Virtual options will be provided for each camp/workshop with more than 3 sign-ups.
- When: June 7-August 8 (weekly)
- Who: Elementary (3rd-5th), Middle school (6th-8th) and High school (9th-12th)
- Cost: $375
iD Tech Camp at UVA
"Due to COVID, most of our university partners are delaying their decisions about on-campus programs until later this spring."
Check out these resources on making the choice for tech camp:
- From Minecraft to Modding, a Summer Tech Camp Explainer for Parents
- Why I Enrolled My Kid in Computer Camp
- The Connectory - search engine for STEM-related events, programs & activities in your community