St. John Vianney FREP
Family Relgious Education Program Updates
FREP this Sunday - March 29, 2015....only 1 FREP Session Left for the 2014-15 Season!
This Sunday, our morning potluck breakfast will begin at 9:00 AM with grace before meals which will include a "full house" that morning. As always, don't forget to bring a dish to pass, a healthy appetite to go with it and be inspired to learn even more! We look forward to seeing everyone this Sunday March 29th!
This Sunday, Father Tom will be the speaker for the Adult FREP class.
HOMEWORK STILL BEING ACCEPTED! ......that's right, it's STILL not too late!
Please remember, even if monthly objective homework documents from last fall have not been turned in, it is NEVER TOO LATE to turn the objective documents in to instructors. Homework objective documents are welcome at the final meeting of FREP on May 3rd this spring! Please make every effort to turn in all missing homework objective sheets as well as assignments and projects assigned by instructors for students each month.
If parents have any questions or concerns about homework, it is recommended they contact instructors for any or all clarification.
Living Rosary to become a reality for FREP Families at St. John Vianney May 3rd!
- All 105 FREP participants (instructors, students, Adults, oldest to youngest participants, parents, and guests) will be part of a first-ever living rosary for St. John Vianney FREP!
- Representatives of ALL families will all be involved in leading the prayers of the full rosary which will focus on "The Glorious Mysteries."
- Each family's name and all members of the family will be included on the 'bigger than life' size rosary beads being constructed for this event.
- The rosary will be used during the living rosary and later displayed in the vestibule of the St. John Vianney Church and on the altar later this year.
THE FINAL SESSION OF FREP WILL ALSO INCLUDE:
- Completion of the diocesan required evaluation for students, parents and adult participants.
- Students will also meet with their instructors for the final time this year for a short activity, including receiving their end-of-the-year participation certificates.
Annual Passion Mime Presentation Palm Sunday @ 11:00 and 7:00 pm Masses
This year's passion mime will be presented at the 11:00 and 7:00 pm masses this year on Palm Sunday.
Below is a short slide-show video of the 2014 presentation.
Holy Week Schedule at St. John Vianney
If you need additional information or have questions about events related to Holy Week, please contact the parish office at 235-1812
- Palm Sunday (3/29/15) ~ Masses at 4:00 pm Saturday & 8:00 am Sunday include the reading of the full passion according to St. Mark
- Palm Sunday (3/29/15) ~ Masses at 11:00 am & 7:00 pm include the presentation of the Passion Mime by the St. John Vianney Youth Group
- Holy Thursday (4/2/15) ~ Mass of the Last Supper at 7:00 pm followed by Eucharistic Adoration in the chapel in the vestibule of church until 10:00 pm
- Good Friday (4/3/15) ~ Liturgy of the Lord's Passion and Prayer at 12:30 followed by The Stations of the Cross
- Holy Saturday (4/4/15) ~ Blessing of the Food Baskets at 12:00 Noon
- Holy Saturday (4/4/15) ~ Easter Vigil Mass beginning at 8:00 pm
- Easter Sunday (4/5/15) ~ Masses celebrating the resurrection of our Lord at 8:00 am and 11:00 am. Mass will not be celebrated at 7:00 pm on Easter Sunday.