It's Fall, Y'All!
Judy Center Early Learning Hub at GES
By this time my blood type is pumpkin spice...☕️
“It’s the first weeks of autumn! A time of hot chocolatey mornings, and toasty marshmallow evenings, and, best of all, leaping into piles of leaves!” — Winnie the Pooh
Can you believe how fast September has flown by! It has been wonderful reconnecting and getting to know you and your children. We are looking forward to the months ahead, with an exciting month ahead of us full of fun filled events and activities. October is a perfect month to dive into the beauty of fall, with the cool autumn weather, changing of leaves, and upcoming celebrations.
Happy Fall! 🌰 🍂
The Judith P. Hoyer Center Early Learning Hubs, also known as “Judy Centers,” benefit everyone in Maryland by improving the quality of life for families. Through a dedicated staff of early learning professionals, they help prepare children age birth through kindergarten for school readiness. Located at Title I schools in every Maryland county, Judy Centers play an important role in the communities they serve. Judy Centers provide services or connect families with local service providers for some of the following options:
- Adult Education
- Case Management
- Developmental and Health Screenings
- Family Engagement Activities
- Parenting Classes
- Early Intervention Identification
Each Judy Center is unique in meeting the needs of its communities, but if there is a service you are in need of please let us know!
What's Happening In Our Playroom
Looking for Fun and Family Engaging Activities - Register Now
Playgroups are open to all and can be attended multiple times weekly
**Children learn by repetition**
Playgroups are scheduled and offered according to need and interests of all participants. Currently playgroups are offered:
- Tuesday and Thursday from 9:30-11am.
- Afternoon sessions are available from 1-2:30pm if desired and enough interests
- Wednesday scheduling is reserved for Providers ( i.e. private child care providers, daycares, and Early Head Start).
- Evening playgroups will be available twice monthly beginning in June from 5:30-6:30pm (with registration required).
Please register here:
QAC SECAC - Family Resource Fair
Tuesday, Oct 10, 2023, 05:00 PM
125 Ruthsburg Road, Centreville, MD, USA
Chesapeake Bay Environmental Center
Tuesday, Oct 17, 2023, 10:00 AM
600 Discovery Lane, Grasonville, MD, USA
Family Affair Farm
Monday, Oct 23, 2023, 09:45 AM
30091 Rabbit Hill Road, Easton, MD, USA
Prepping for some fall family fun...check out some safety tips below!
A Yummy Treat!
Candy Corn Cobs
1/2 c.(1 stick) butter, softened
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 c. blanched almond flour
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
2 (20-oz.) bags candy corn
1. In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat butter and sugar together, then add vanilla. Add almond flour and salt and beat until combined. Divide dough into 4 equal pieces. On plastic wrap, form each piece into a log. Refrigerate until solid, 2 hours.
2. When cookie dough is well chilled, push candy corn into cookie dough in rows. Refrigerate until ready to serve, at least 1 hour.