EMS Raider Student & Family News
April 4 - 8
A Message from Mrs. Venegas
Hello Raider Family!
It's April and in YISD that means that it's time for online enrollment/registration and transfer applications! Yes--that's right--it is already time to begin the process of preparing for and securing your Raider's spot for the next school year!
- NEW to EMS families (incoming 6th, 7th, or 8th grade students) who currently reside outside of our EMS attendance area
- CURRENT EMS FAMILIES of 7th grade Raiders who currently reside outside of the EMS attendance area
- CURRENT EMS FAMILIES of 8th grade Raiders considering attending a YISD high school outside of their home attendance area
Current transfer students must apply for a 2022-2023 transfer application by May 1st. Get yours in ASAP!! Transfer applications are accepted through the online enrollment/registration website link ONLY!
✅ ONLINE ENROLLMENT/REGISTRATION:
- ALL students must complete the enrollment/registration process annually
- The process takes about 30 minutes and can be completed on a cell phone or computer.
- Visit https://www.yisd.net/Page/16172 to complete the process for your Raider today!
- Our weekly goal is 10% or more of our campus completing enrollment/registration.
- All Raiders whose families COMPLETE the enrollment/registration process each week will receive a free dress bracelet for the following week!
- All Curriculum Enrichment classes that have 100% completion of online enrollment/registration will receive a nacho party and an ADDITIONAL week of free dress!
- The grade level that has 100% completion of online enrollment/registration will will free dress for the remainder of the school year!
Thank you for your efforts to make sure your Raider is ready for next school year! We appreciate you! If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact our campus at (915) 434-4300 and we will be happy to guide you through the process.
Last Call for Yearbook Purchases!
Weekly Campus Events (Autism Acceptance Week & Assistant Principals Week)
Monday, April 4: Magnificent Mind Monday - Wear your favorite hat
- Happy Monday!
- School Librarian Day - THANK YOU MR. LEGGETT!!
Tuesday, April 5: Neurodiversity Tuesday - Wear tie dye or rainbow colors
- 2022-2023 Cheer Candidate Parent Meeting 5:30 @ Main Gym
Wednesday, April 6: Pokemon Wednesday - Wear your favorite Pokemon shirt
- Para-professionals Day - THANK YOU PARAS!!
Thursday, April 7: Autism Acceptance Thursday - Wear Red or Gold
- Band Spring Concert 5:30 pm
Friday, April 8: Sensory Friendly Friday - Wear your pajamas
- Happy FriYAY!!
Saturday, April 9:
- Track Meet @ Ysleta HS 9:00 am
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
While we understand that our Raiders LOVE to socialize with their friends and hang out with each other, unfortunately for some, it can lead to mischief or more. We are disappointed to report that it has come to our attention there have been a few negative incidents taking place off of our campus property involving some of our students. We have been investigating these incidents, and working with YISD central office, EPPD (if necessary), and the families involved.
We are staffed to ensure the campus is safely cleared by 4:30 pm, so in the interest of student safety, Raiders should be picked up as close to 4:30 as possible. If the arrangement is for your Raider to be picked up, we ask that while they wait for their ride they continue to conduct themselves according to school rules and expectations.
We thank you for your support and partnership in making sure all of our Raiders are safe.
When Should Your Raider Be Absent? (COVID-19 absence guidance)
- Students who are vaccinated, asymptomatic, and not directly exposed to a COVID-19 positive case should come to school. YISD considers these absences unexcused.
- Students who are vaccinated and asymptomatic, but exposed to COVID-19 should come to school as they are low-risk contacts. YISD considers these absences unexcused.
- Students who are unvaccinated and directly exposed to a COVID-19 positive case, vaccinated with COVID-19 symptoms, or are awaiting COVID-19 test results should remain home. Contact our attendance clerk for proper attendance coding and our nurse for health guidance. YISD considers these absences as excused once parent contact has been made.
- Students who test positive for COVID-19 should remain home and quarantined. Contact our attendance clerk for proper coding and our nurse for health guidance. YISD considers these absences excused once parent contact has been made.
From the Nurses' Office
All Raiders must attend all of their scheduled classes. Everyone attends from 8:30 am - 4:00, except for zero period students who attend from 7:35 - 4:00 pm.
Attendance for every class period is required and they must be in attendance for 90% of the time each class is offered. Please work with us to make sure your Raider has healthy attendance habits. Attendance is essential to learning but is also a part of our state accountability measure.
Thank you in advance for helping your Raider get to school on time and promoting the expectation for good attendance.