Human Modification of the Ecosystem
By: Shannon Seehusen
A complex relationship between the living resources, habitat, and people living there.
- Forests help to modify the environment
- When tropical forests are destroyed it isn't easy for them to regrow because there are poor soil conditions, this could lead to the extinction of rare animals
- CO2 trap
- 2/3 of the world's major cities area along the coast
- Many people take their vacations along the shorelines
- Not only is pollution killing animals directly (bottles, cans, etc), it is killing them indirectly by destroying there habitats or food.
- Toxic chemicals
- If the marine life is affect, humans are affected
- Banned chemicals to prevent further harm
- Global warming
- When deforestation occurs more CO2 is released into the atmosphere
- Agriculture also releases more CO2 when the land is tilled up
- burning of vegetation biomass