By Iris Sotelo and Domonic Hickman
- The Capital City is New Delhi.
- Population: 1.2 billion people as of today.
- Himalayan Mountains
- Ganges Plains
- Great Indian Desert
- Deccan Plateau
- Some houses in the Indus Valley had indoor plumbing.
- Asoka was a king who lived more than 2000 years ago.
- Ba bur was only 12 years old when he became king of Uzbekistan.
- A Portuguese navigator named Vasco da Gama was the first European to sail to India.
People & Places
- India is roughly one-third the size of the US.
- India has everything for deserts to rain forests.
- There are 22 official language in India.
- The majority of the population lives in Ganges Plain.
- The British introduced cricket to India.
- One fun festival is Holi or the festival of color.
- Folk dancers and acrobats perform at fairs.
- For religious reasons, Hindus don't eat beef.
- India is the largest democracy in the world.
- More than half of the adults farm.
- Buses, taxis, motors, and scooters help the Indians get around.
- India has a lot of diamonds, oil, and natural gas.
- Over time the British established several trading posts.
- In Mumbai, trains carry seven million people to work everyday.
- Around 2% of the population is Christian.
"India." CultureGrams Kids Edition. ProQuest, 2014. Web. 16 Apr 2014.