Second Grade Newsletter
Mrs. Barita, Mrs. Carrasco, Mrs. Kulesza
*Monday will be "Day 2 " for Encore*
Lifework-Week of March 14th-18th
- Monday: Read & log Matter study guide-test tomorrow, IXL-10 minutes
- Tuesday: Read & log, Spelling Words- Rainbow Style-3 colors
- Wednesday: Read & log, Spelling Words- ABC order
- Thursday: Read & log, Spelling Words-Write each word 3 times-test tomorrow
- Weekend: Read & log
IXL-focus on addition/subtraction, counting money, or place value
Spirit Week is Next Week!
Students can dress according to the theme to show off their school spirit and have a little fun!
Monday: "Jersey Day"
Tuesday: "Wear One Color"
Wednesday: "Twin Day"
Thursday: "Beach/Hawaiian Day"
Friday: "Generation Day"
Spelling Words-Test 3/18/16
Variant Vowel/ Syllable Patterns
S.T.E.M. + ART = STEAM
**A permission slip/RSVP is coming home in Friday Folders and must be returned if you plan to attend.**
Families are invited to join us on Wednesday, April 6th from 6:00 to 8:00p.m. for STEAM Night. Come out and participate in hands-on activities, view student art, and hear our lovely strings ensemble.
Registration- 6:00 to 6:30 pm
Opening Ceremony- 6:30 pm
Session 1- 6:50 to 7:20 pm
Session 2- 7:25 to 7:55 pm
Departure- 8:00 pm
We are in need of volunteers to make this night successful! Please RSVP to Ms. Bullock- MacGowan firstname.lastname@example.org & let us know if you are interested in volunteering to assist with registration or help with a session.
Our current unit in science is Matter. Key concepts:
- Identify characteristics of solids, liquids, gases
- measurement of solids, liquids, gases (volume and mass)
*The Matter test will be on Tuesday, March 15th. The study guide was sent home on Tuesday, March 8th
Our next unit in math is Unit 7 Number Sense and Computation-Part 3. Key concepts:
- Addition and subtraction
- Count and compare a collection of coins up to $1.50
- Place Value up to 3 digits
- 3/14 - PAC ADVISORY COUNCIL MEETING @ 6PM
- 3/15 - INTERIMS SENT HOME-Please sign and return to school
- 3/16 - PTO SPIRIT NIGHT @ FOSTERS
- 3/21 - 3/28 - SPRING BREAK
- 4/1- Pennies for Patients-last day
Barita: Library, Music, PE, Art, PLTW, PE
Carrasco: Music, PE, Art, PLTW, PE, Library
Kulesza: PE, Art, PLTW, PE, Library, Music