Save Our Environment By RECYCLING!
- Today North Carolinians throw away more than $164,375,460 in mixed paper each year.
- Each year, N.C. throws away enough potentially recyclable paper to fill more than 1000 soccer fields three feet deep.
- Last year N.C. trashed enough paper to fill 1558 football fields three feet deep.
- Almost 80 percent of U.S. paper mills rely on recovered recycled paper. It supplies 37 percent of their material.
- Producing recycled paper requires about 60 percent of the energy used to make paper from virgin wood pulp.
- On ton of uncoated virgin (non-recycled) printing and office paper uses 24 trees.
- Producing recycled paper causes 74 percent less air pollution and 35 percent less water pollution than producing virgin paper.
- One ton of paper made from recycled scrap paper saves 7,000 gallons of water.
- Recycled paper production uses 59 percent less water compared to paper production from virgin resources.
- Older virgin paper mills will use 100 pounds of water to make one pound of paper.
This is what we should do to!
Paper Thrown Away
Things that shouldn't be done. Paper getting wasted!
We should recycle more so things like this wouldn't polluted our air but instead get put up like this.