Lovin' the World and Lovin' Life
We'd like to expand the meaning of love this month. Right now, more the ever, it feels like our world needs the type of love that will transform our neighborhoods into united communities---a love which seeks justice, warmth, and a vigilant concern for others. In light of recent events that often seem to be devoid of love, such as the water crisis in Flint, Michigan, we hope you perceive this newsletter as a place to re-dedicate the idea of love within your life. Perhaps that means you begin by taking more time for some good 'ole self love. Maybe it means you re-evaluate close relationships in your life and see how you can be a more present individual within them! Or maybe your love will take the form of passion for a cause within the world (think back to issues we discussed at the LC retreat)! We hope some of the videos, articles, and pictures we've attached in this article will give you guidance. Happy February, LC!
Finding Your Footing
1. Live in Appreciation---Its a pretty great world out there. Sometimes one just has to work a little extra to see it! Instead of being on your phone on your walk to class, take the time to think of the warm sun outside, the cute dogs being walked on Sheridan, or the kind-hearted person who just held the door open for you!
2. Forgive Yourself---Mistakes are inevitable. Its not what we do but how we choose to grow from it. Take the time you need to work through the issue, and once you've made a game plan stick with it.
3. Accept Uncertainty---The future is an intimidating place. Majors, careers, and passions are hard to pin down especially when new experiences are constantly impacting our plans. However, the beauty of the future is that its unwritten. (Natasha Bedingfield said it best).
Treat Yo Self (Self-Care All Day, Every Day)
- Wear something extra snazzy for no reason
- Take a long shower
- Dance to a solid Fetty Wap song
- Eat Ben and Jerry's on a weeknight
- Work out and sit in the sauna after
- Lay in bed and listen to relaxing music
- Find a pet store and play with the animals
- Buy yourself flowers
- Plan a do nothing day (and stick with it)
- Brew yourself some tea and drink it with a beloved friend
Imagine the Possibilities of a Better World
The Magis Scholarship Iniatiative
Read more about it here