Earth Day 2015
By: Michaela McCook
I can Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle!
Another way I can recycle by borrowing things from friends and family. Also, I can use old new clothes to make new ones.
I can reuse by bringing containers to school for lunch instead of plastic bags. I can use both sides of paper when writing.
I can recycle by separating my trash, paper, and plastic.
History Of Earth Day!
- More than 30 million trees are cut down to make a year's supply of newspapers
- Americans only recycle 5% of plastic produced in this country
- Recycling a pound of steel saves enough energy to light a 60-watt light bulb for 26 hours
- It takes about 400 to 500 years to decompose a styrofoam cup
- It takes about six months to decompose an orange peel