Springhill Standing OUT
Springhill Elementary Parent Newsletter
Click here to visit our website and see all the great learning happening at Springhill!
Springhill Avengers Assembled at the Testing Bash Friday!
What's New at SES?
4th Grade Science Lab
Students learned about how particles move at different temperatures!
National Library Week
Students in every grade level celebrated Mrs. Crymes!
(Not So) Perfect Square Project
Students can continue snapping pics of their creations and posting/sharing with teachers through April 16th!
Save the Dates
April 6-16 - Not So Perfect Square Project
April 12 - Purple Up for Military Families (wear purple)
April 12-16 - Greenbrier Academy 3-5 ACT Aspire Summative
April 13 - Kindergarten Registration from 3:40-6:00
April 19-23 - K-2 End of Year MAP
April 19-23 - 3rd Grade Summative ACT Aspire
April 26-30 - 4th/5th Grades Summative ACT Aspire
April 27 - Preschool Registration @ Eastside 3:40-6 pm
April 30 - Kindergarten/1st Grade Field Trip to the Zoo
May 17-24 - Track and Field Days
May 28 - Last Day of School
- The updated school calendar for the 2020-2021 school year can be found here.
- Please do not pass other cars in the car rider line. Once the line gets moving, we are able to load or unload eight cars at a time. We want to protect the safety of our students and families, so please follow our car rider procedures closely.
- It has never been more important to have your child at school on time than it is now. As we begin the second half of our year, teachers have identified areas for growth or enrichment based on a plethora of student data. PROWL begins at 7:40 each morning and is essential to our students' learning. Having your child here by 7:40 ensures they have a full 40 minutes of intervention, enrichment, or quality reading time prior to beginning the regular school day.
- Please call with any transportation changes before 2:40 so Sharon can get messages to teachers in plenty of time.
- From Coach May Transportation Director: Any student not riding their regular bus must have a note signed by the office.
- Please remember the car rider line is a cell phone free zone.
- If your child is a bus rider, they are provided with 3 masks by the district. We are noticing that some bus riders are forgetting to bring their masks each day. Please remind your child to bring a mask for their bus ride. This helps us keep everyone safe.
- We invite you to come eat lunch with your child at our outdoor picnic area adjacent to the front office. Please remember to sanitize before and after your meal to help us keep everyone healthy. We cannot serve parents from the cafe at this time.
Assistant Principal: Melissa West
Secretary: Sharon Thessing