Wharton Wildcat News
September 23, 2022
Building Character, accountability & responsiblity
As our students in 5th grade are transitioning into young responsible citizens. Following directions, not only shows how you honor yourself but how you honor the person instructing you. We all have a responsibility to each other, to our school, ourselves to be the best we can be. Let us leave every situation better than which we found it.
DATES TO REMEMBER
Sept. 22nd, Thursday: First Day of Fall
Sept. 27th, Tuesday: Picture Day (non-uniform)
Sept. 29th, Thursday: Midterm 1st Trimester
Get involved, join a club!
Welcome Mr. Tedeschi!
This week, the students were introduced to the band program. On Friday, Sept. 23rd students are encouraged to go to HMS to try three instruments and ultimately decide which instrument they would like to play. (3:30-8:30 PM) There, they will sign up to begin renting the instruments. Band will begin once students have received their instruments in early October. Email Mr. Tedeschi with any questions. firstname.lastname@example.org
Mexican Independence Day
Please click on the video below to learn how to navigate the updated Seesaw message tool !
Breakfast will be available every morning.
Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays starting at 7:30 AM.
Wednesdays at 8:30 AM.
SCHOOL UNIFORMS & DRESS CODE POLICY
Students are required to wear a maroon collared polo or dress shirt with long/short sleeves. The polo/dress shirt may be plain or have the district logo. No other logos are allowed. Plain black or white undershirts may be worn under the maroon collared shirt. Shirts must extend to waistline.
Students may wear a plain black or maroon sweater/sweatshirt over their collared school shirt or over a plain white or black undershirt.
Must be black or khaki and worn at the waist. This includes shorts, Capri pants, and skirts. Leggings may be worn, but only when a shirt extending to mid-thigh is worn as well.
SCHOOL SPIRIT FRIDAYS:
Students may wear their Wharton school spirit shirt with jeans every Friday.
All students must comply with the following:
- Student clothing (including accessories) may not advertise, promote, or a picture of alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, drug paraphernalia, violent behavior, or other inappropriate images.
- Student clothing (including accessories) may not display lewd, vulgar, obscene, offensive language/symbols nor gang signs.
- Hats, coats, bandanas, and sunglasses may not be worn inside the building, during the school day.
- Dress and accessories that pose a safety hazard are not permitted in the bathrooms and educational classrooms.
- Clothing with holes, rips, or tears, that reveal skin and/or undergarments may not be worn at school.
- The length of shorts or skirts must be appropriate for the school environment.
- Appropriate footwear must be worn at all times. Open-backed footwear is not permitted.
Students clothing that causes a substantial disruption of the orderly process of school functions or endangers the health or safety of other students, staff, or others may be subject discipline. If there is any doubt about dress and appearance, the building administration will make the final decision.
DISTRICT SHIRTS FOR SALE
Questions? Call the office at 708-458-0640.
Having problems with your child's device? You can call our Main office or contact the tech department via phone or email.
- Download the free district app to stay up to date with important information. Search Summit School District 104 in the app store.
- Facebook: Summit School District 104
- Instagram: @schooldistrict104
- Twitter: @104Summit
- Website: https://www.sd104.us/o/wharton-es