Children in Need 2019
Visiting Artist - Charles Bezzina
Charles Bezzina visited school this week and spent time with our Year 9 Art students. Charles is an artist in residence in the arctic circle drawing and painting the landscape around the Ilulissat Fjord. He lives for weeks at a time with the Innuit communities. In recent months he has been documenting the effects of climate change around the ice fjords. We hope this will inspire the students both in their artwork and in their understanding of climate change and environmental issues .
Stars of the Week:
- Mrs Brown has nominated Year 9 students Andrew, Oscar S and Gus for excellent commitment to lessons in English and Year 13 student Taylor for her work on NEA in Language and Literature.
- Mrs Vaghadia has nominated Year 7 student Mariyah for consistently working very hard and completing work to a high standard in History. Also nominated is Year 9 student Leila for creating a unique gender neutral toy in Sociology.
- Miss McGrath has nominated her Year 10 Biologists for brilliant work during the heart dissection this week and also 8TA for delivering a very informative assembly on road safety.
- Mrs Morgan has nominated Year 9 student Emma S for excellent art work and to the Year 9 students who worked amazingly well with the visiting artist this week.
- Mrs Wright would like to congratulate the following CCF students on their promotions Would like to say congratulations to the following on being promoted in CCF, Year 11 students Debony and Rohan have been promoted to Corporal and Year 10 student
Emmanuel has been promoted to Lance Corporal.
- Mrs Brown has also nominated the following students who have made the time to stay after school to work through English Paper 1 questions they have targeted for improvement, Amy, Annabelle, Indira, Damian and Romilda.
- Miss Keogh has nominated Year 8 student Sophie for her support in collecting the donations for Children in Need this morning. Also nominated is year 7 student Liam for his help and support in the mornings.
- Mr Rogers would like to thank Mr Hirst for his support and gaining work experience placements for his tutees.
Year 11 students have been working hard as to how to revise effectively using key terms.
STEAM activity looking at key geological terminology.
Students in year 7 completing a text reduction activity in Design and Technology using their literacy skills to decipher the important information.