BDJH PTA News
FEBRUARY 28, 2023
*PTA TEACHERS GRANT PROGRAM*
The BDJH PTA is proud to announce our Beckendorff JH PTA Teacher Grant Program recipients:
- Mr. Nicholas Rabideau and the 8th Grade US History Team - History Artifacts/Replicas for the classroom $1500
- Mr. Austin Oliver & Ms. Emily Hernandez - "Light up the room" Lighting & Color Theory in the Theater Classroom $ 2743.82
- Ms. Angela Montemayor & Spanish Department - "Vamos a hablar" $1600
- Ms. Natalie Mazzola & Ms. Lindi Kudlacek (Science Department) - Science Department Supplies $1563.27
- Mr. Jamie Inlow, Ms. Marla McNeese, Ms. Heidi Park, Ms. Vanessa Stones - On the Record Books and Dictionaries $ 1109.80
- Ms. Heather Hogan - Historical Fiction Book Club $ 1578.24
- Ms. Audra Marsalia - 6th Grade RLA Book Clubs $2975.36
- Ms. Paige Siemers - BDJH Bear Buddies P.A.L.s $700
- Ms. Paula Kingsley, Ms. Kim Warwick - 3 Chromebook charging stations $1200
The money to support these projects is from our PTA fundraising efforts: spirit wear, Fun Food Days, Spirit nights, and school supplies sales.
We hope to continue the grant program in future years to enhance the learning of all of our students.
MARCH PTA MEMBERSHIP MEETING/ELECTION
All PTA members are invited to attend our meeting on March 7 at 10:30 am in the LGI.
We will hold our election of officers for 2023-2024 during the March PTA Membership meeting. In order to vote, you must be a PTA member. Go to www.joinpta.org to join.
Current 5th grade parents/incoming 6th grade are welcome to attend as well.
We need volunteers to help during lunches so students can cash in their PBIS points.
Please click on the link to find out dates and times.
PETS CAUGHT READING CONTEST
Send in a photo of your pet "reading" a book (must be in jpeg format). The photo must contain a pet and a book. Be creative!
Entries will be judged based on originality, cuteness, and photography. (Students must be the photographer).
Prizes may include doggie treat baskets donated by Suburban Mutt and gift cards to Katy Budget Books!
Entries will be printed out and displayed in our library.
Contest begins February 22- Due March 10. Click on the link below to submit.
Questions? Please email Allison Lindberg at firstname.lastname@example.org
BDJH *VOLUNTEER OF THE YEAR* AWARD
Please nominate a Volunteer who you think is deserving of this award.
A person you feel has been a valuable asset to the students, teachers and staff of BDJH this year.
Please click on the link below. Deadline is Tuesday, March 7.
Let's show our Staff some Love!
Please help by sponsoring a staff member's lunch with a $10 donation each. If you wish to purchase additional lunches, just change the quantity when checking out.
Please click on the link below to find out more...
ATTENTION ALL 8TH GRADERS:
8TH GRADERS TODDLER/KID PICTURE
Just follow the link below to submit it. Please read the instructions carefully.
8th Grade Dance Committee
Questions? Please email to email@example.com
NO SCHOOL *SPRING BREAK*
*SAVE THE DATE*
FUN FOOD FRIDAY
Help support the PTA while you shop. Go to Amazon Smile and choose:
PTA Texas Congress Beckendorff Junior High
every Tuesday is *No Tech Tuesday*