Mountain View Weekly Update
Announcements & Updates
- As we prepare for the opening of school on August 26, a reminder that drop-off for 5th and 6th grade students takes place in the back circle, 7th and 8th grade in the front. Students will remain outside (5/6: Art room doors, 7/8: 100 corridor doors) until the 8:25 bell. Home base begins promptly at 8:30. Note that pick-up is not permitted in the front circle at dismissal. For a detailed description of drop-off/pick-up procedures, please click here.
- A reminder that sports physical and Tdap/Meningococcal (6th grade) forms are due on August 26. Timely submission of the sports physical form is critical in order for students to be cleared to participate in tryouts. Click here for more information.
- Please be advised that the Mendham Borough School District offers free and reduced lunch for families in need of assistance. For more information, including the application, please click here.
- All parents are being asked to review their contact information and update it as needed, which can be completed in the "Contacts" tab in Genesis. You will not be able to update your Parent Portal email address; this must be done through the Main office.
- All Parent Portal forms, documents, and contact information updates must be completed by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, August 30.
- Students should bring as many of their school supplies as possible on August 26; it is suggested that students have all of the necessary supplies in school by Friday, August 30. Click here to access supply lists.
- In the coming week, Mountain View Middle School will hold its first security drill. The New Jersey Department of Education requires schools to conduct one fire and one security drill per month. Be assured that policies and procedures will be reviewed with your child prior to the first drill.
- If you have not already done so, please download the Mendham Borough School District mobile app to access important information, such as the Daily Bulletin, from your mobile device. Note that club and athletic schedules will be posted to Mountain View's events calendar which is accessible from both the website and app.
Welcome new staff!
Mountain View Middle School is pleased to welcome the following new staff members (in photograph from left to right):
- Mrs. Jessica Heuer, Information, Communication, and Technology (grades 5-8)
Mrs. Heuer joins the Mountain View community from Round Valley School in the Clinton Township School District, where she taught 5th grade and STEM for the past 8 years.
- Mrs. Margaret Beach, Mathematics (grade 8)
Mrs. Beach joined the Mountain View team in April of 2019. Prior to, she was a seventh and eighth grade Mathematics teacher at Robert Treat Academy Charter School in Newark, where she spent 7 years.
- Ms. Lauren Carozza, Art (grades 5-8)
A graduate of Montserrat College of Art, Ms. Carozza has a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Illustration. She continued to the College of Saint Elizabeth, where she completed her teaching certification. Last year, Ms. Carozza taught Art for students in grades 7-12 at the Plainfield Academy for the Arts and Advanced Studies.
- Ms. Kelsie Decker, Social Studies (grade 5)
A graduate of Ramapo College, Ms. Decker holds a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology with a concentration in Elementary Education . She joins Mountain View from Round Valley School in the Clinton Township School District, where she taught 4th grade.
In addition to the new staff members above, Ms. Carey (Science) will join the 6th grade team and Mrs. Magrini (Science) will be joining the 8th grade team. Hilltop teachers Ms. Finkelstein and Mrs. Janiszewski will also teach classes at Mountain View.
Class of 2020 mum sale
Back to School Night
On behalf of the Mountain View Middle School staff, we look forward to your attendance at Back to School Night, scheduled for Thursday, September 12 beginning at 6:30 p.m.
Please see the attached letter below for additional information.
Mark your calendars
- 9/2: School closed, Labor Day
- 9/3: Delayed opening (10:30 start, no before-school activities)
- 9/12: Back to School Night, 6:30 p.m. (see above for specific details)