FURR ELEMENTARY October 17, 2021
When you receive this newsletter, it will be the start of the 3rd week in October and the second week of the nine weeks. Time is starting to fly by. The holidays are approaching and the weather is starting to change! It sounds like "FALL" is on its way! These transitions bring changes to our school as well. This is the time when our Lost & Found starts to grow, exponentially! Please make sure that all coats and jackets are labeled. Your help with this would be appreciated. (All items left over the winter break will be donated to our area shelters).
TARDIES: We have had many students late to school...and this continues to be a problem. When a student is late, they miss out on their class morning meetings! The first part of the day is crucial to the social-emotional well-being of all our students! The day is specifically designed around this and when our students are late, they are missing this vital lesson. Students should be sitting at their desk before 7:40 AM.
Please make sure you are getting your student to school on time! Thank you.
First House Meeting & Family Gathering will occur on Monday, Oct 18th. This will be the first time our houses will meet, students and staff together. During this time, we will be STREAMING LIVE the Assembly. You can watch it live. We will be streaming it live on the Furr Facebook page.
RHHS HOMECOMING WEEK starts next week! The excitement is in the air. RHHS is also having a parade on Wednesday! Hope to see everyone there! At Furr, there are dress up days and they are:
Monday (Oct. 18--House Colors)
Tuesday (Oct 19)--Dynamic Duo or Disney
Wednesday(Oct 20)--Neon Day
Thursday (Oct 21)--Jersey Day
Friday(Oct 22)--RHHS Spirit Day
RED RIBBON WEEK is the week after, Oct 25th-29th. Below, you will find a description for our dress up days! Also, there is a flyer below!
Monday, Oct 25...Hat Day
Tuesday, Oct 26...Wear Warm-Ups or Athletic gear
Wednesday, Oct 27...Wear a Kindness shirt(yellow) or a Red T-shirt
Thursday, Oct 28...Wear red
Friday, Oct 29...Wear School Spirit shirt
PICTURE RETAKES: Picture retakes are on Thursday, October 28th. Students who are new to Furr, were absent on picture day and students who need to retake their Fall picture, will have the opportunity to retake their fall pictures.
3rd GR & the Natatorium: Our 3rd graders have the chance to learn all about water safety during the week of Oct 25-29th. Im very excited for them!
TRUNK OR TREAT: is Friday, October 29th. PTO is looking for your help with our Trunk or Treat. We can't run such an event without your help! We need parent volunteers to make this a success and Thank You in advance for volunteering. See the flyer and sign up genius below! I Promise that FUN will be had by all.
In-Person Lunches --Parents will be allowed to eat lunch inside the cafeteria starting Monday, October 4th. In-Person lunches vs Picnic lunches will come and go throughout the year. We base this on our community and school Covid cases. As we do our students, we highly encourage our parents to wear a mask as you walk through our building . Due to the limited space in our cafeteria, we are asking all parents to use our Sign Up Genius.
SNACKS: Students need a snack every day. Please remember to pack a healthy snack for your child on a daily basis. Nutrition is very, very important for these growing kids!
Face Coverings; Hand Washing; Social Distancing: Prosper ISD and Furr Elementary are currently in a "Mask Optional" Mode. I will continue to HIGHLY ENCOURAGE all students, staff and families to wear a mask in our building for everyone's protection. We continue to create healthy habits by having students wash their hands frequently during the day and use hand sanitizer as they enter a room. We also are social distancing as much as possible in our classrooms, hallways and at lunch.
Education, the foundation on which all lives are built. Thank you for entrusting us with your children. The collaboration between teachers, families and students is what builds the solid foundation for our student's educational success. I wanted to thank you parents for your patience and grace. Please know that we are in this together as we educate our kids! Thank you for entrusting us with your children so that we can make the world a better place. It starts with us...Be Kind!
Principal, Furr Elementary
School Hours: 7:45AM - 2:50 PM daily. The first bell rings at 7:35, announcements will be at 7:40 and instruction will begin at 7:45. Our doors will open promptly at 7:15AM. Please remember that our class starts at 7:45 AM sharp. We ask that your child be in their classroom by 7:35 so that they are prepared to start their day.
If your child is eating breakfast at school, please plan ahead and give them ample amount of time to eat and then get to class. Thank you for helping us.
TRUNK OR TREAT NEEDS YOU!
ATTENDANCE & ABSENCES:
If my child is absent, what should I do?
- Parents should notify the school the morning their child will be absent. Beginning in the 2021-22 school year, all absence notifications and notes will be submitted electronically. Parents will notify the campus of a student’s absence through Skyward Family Access. This will replace calling or emailing the campus attendance clerk to notify the school of the student’s absence. Additionally, this electronic documentation satisfies the signed parent note requirement (state required documentation). When an absence request is submitted through Skyward Family Access, the attendance clerk/registrar will be notified by email.
- When a student returns from an absence at a doctor's office: When a student returns from an absence at a doctor's office, a signed doctor’s note displaying the date on which the student was seen in the office must be sent to the school attendance email within 2 days of the absence. The parent indication that the student was at the doctor will not qualify as a doctor's note. Please go to your child's campus page and choose Attendance under the parents tab to submit a doctor's note.
- FURR ATTENDANCE Link
- Parents will be allowed to electronically submit (through Skyward Family Access) a total of only 5 absence notes during the school year. Please go to your Furr's campus page and choose Attendance under the parents tab to submit for an absence. Once you have exceeded this maximum, all absences will be considered unexcused. A list of acceptable absences (those that will be excused) are listed in the Student Handbook.
- If a student is absent for more than 5 consecutive days due to illness, a parent note will not be accepted. A statement from a doctor or medical clinic explaining the reason for the absence must be submitted to the school attendance email upon their return to school. Please go to your child's campus page and choose Attendance under the parents tab to submit a doctor's note.
- If your child leaves during the day for a doctor or dentist appointment, a doctor’s note must be submitted electronically to the school attendance email on the same day or the next morning in order for the absence(s) to be considered “medical”. Please go to your child's campus page and choose Attendance under the parents tab to submit a doctor's note.
- FURR CAMPUS ATTENDANCE
What IF I Need to Change the Way My Child Gets Home?
Carline A-L will be in the front of the school.
Carline M-Z will be in the back of the school.
Walkers will be walked out of school by a teacher. Teachers will walk students to the crosswalk, starting this year.
Parents picking up their student to walk their child home will meet at the front gym doors by the cones. This location has changed from last year.
18-22...HOCO Week & Dress Up Days
25-29 3rd GR at Natatorium
25-29 Red Ribbon Week & Dress Up Days
28th...Fall Picture Retakes
29th...Trunk or Treat
15-19 Book Fair
18-19 GrandParents & Special Friends
22-26 Thanksgiving Week
8-10...5th GR SkyRanch
9...Furr Staff Caroling
17... Holiday Party & Early Release
5th ...1st Day of 3rd Nine weeks