Mrs. Whitener's Wise Owls
WEEKLY NEWSLETTER May. 9th- May. 13th
Thank you sooo much to all the parents that sent in flowers, notes, gifts, and gift cards this week. I really appreciate all of it! You guys have made this year so very special. Thank you for all that you have done! It has been a joy to teach your students all year. I have really cherished this time with them and love them ALL!
- For daily homework, please check my website, the link is below. I update the homework every morning.
- Please remind your students to use their time wisely everyday. Even though testing is done, does not mean the school year is over.
-Please check your student for a belt EVERYDAY. Lately more and more students are forgetting their belts. Students will now get an infraction if they do not wear a belt.
- For Math this week we will be doing a review of all the things they have learned this year.
- We will be continuing Cryptid Hunter by Roland Smith.
*** Remember for novels if you would like to get the book on an Ipad or kindle that is fine also :)
- Students will still be coming home with poetry homework. This homework is for them to type or neatly write their final drafts of their poems that they wrote in class. They should have one to do every night and it will be due the next day. The poems should already be complete, because we are working on them in class everyday. The poems also need a picture to go along with them. I have told the students if they are unable to print at home they may send it to me and I will print them out, but please know I can only print in black and white.
- The classroom speech contest is Monday morning from 8-8:40, all parents are welcome to attend if you would like. Please know we will try to go through all of them in this time, but we may not be able too.
- The winners from the classroom speech contest will go against each other on May 16th in the cafeteria, again parents are welcome.
- Remember every Friday from here until the end of school is a spirit day and students may get sno-cones.
Very important dates
- Class Speech Contest (more info coming home today!)
- Spring Carnival Posters DUE to homeroom teachers
- Spirit day
- Spring Carnival (4:00-8:00 pm) - PLEASE READ EMAILS FROM Mrs, pendergrast. OUR ROOM MOMS WORK VERY HARD ON OUR SPRING CARNIVAL FOR THE CHILDREN. PLEASE DO YOUR PART!!
- 4th Grade Speech Contest
- 4th grade field trip to Tallahassee (more info coming home SOON!)
- Spring Art Show at the Visual Arts Center 5:30-7:00 pm
- Final MAPS testing for 4th grade!
- 4th incentive trip sometime this week (More info to come)
- Spirit day
- Field Day
- Spirit Day
- 4th Quarter Awards (more info to come)
- class party (more info to come)
- LAST DAY OF SCHOOL
- Early Release at 11:30 am
what we are learning this week!
-We will also be doing Poetry
Math: Review Skills
- We will be completing a review packet in class. The test will be based on the packet.
- We will be starting Unit 10 Science
Spelling Words and Vocabulary
The Quiz of Unit 19 Vocabulary will be Friday